Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Declaring Earnings  (Read 1591 times)

• Liked: 8
Declaring Earnings
« on: August 01, 2023, 07:56:56 AM »
Hi All

If any one can advice.,  MY wife live full time here in the UK but still files taxes in the US.    Over the years she has always informed them of her earnings here in the UK when she was working (no idea why) anyway she did.     She is now no longer working but gets interest from her Bank Account in the UK.  She informs me she will have to declare that as Income on her US Tax Returns.   IS that correct?

Thanks in advance

• Liked: 723
Re: Declaring Earnings
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2023, 01:24:21 PM »
Hi All

If any one can advice.,  MY wife live full time here in the UK but still files taxes in the US.    Over the years she has always informed them of her earnings here in the UK when she was working (no idea why) anyway she did.     She is now no longer working but gets interest from her Bank Account in the UK.  She informs me she will have to declare that as Income on her US Tax Returns.   IS that correct?

Thanks in advance

If your wife is a US Citizen then she has been correct, and as a USC she is required to continue to file taxes in the USA after she stops working, and include her worldwide income including interest on her UK bank accounts. 
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2023, 02:11:43 PM »
o shes right again then :-(  one day it may be my turn to be right ...   ;D    thanks for the response.

• Liked: 723
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2023, 02:52:09 PM »
o shes right again then :-(  one day it may be my turn to be right ...   ;D    thanks for the response.

:D :D

Eritrea is the only other country in the world that has citizenship based taxation like the USA.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab