Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: News flash - Heathrow and Gatwick Exit Controls  (Read 1890 times)

Re: News flash - Heathrow and Gatwick Exit Controls
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2005, 02:27:53 PM »
i didn't quite understand the suggestion made by your mrs., but would appreciate it if you could explain more on how i could do what i wanna do.

I think she meant leave the UK on or before the correct date by flying to someplace in Europe, and then pick up a flight in Europe to your final destination.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2005, 02:38:59 PM »
No, I think she means fly to someplace cheap outside the UK - like Paris - then fly back on Sunday in time to make your flight as a connection. This means that you exit the UK in time and since you'll be "in transit" on your return, you won't have to go through immigration.

It sounds like a good plan but don't choose Dublin; it's a quasi-domestic flight and won't work for you.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2005, 02:57:04 PM »
guys, thank you all for your feedback.

i've just been told by my airline that they have confirmed me on the saturday flight (the one i was waitlisted on) so i am now flying on the day my visa runs out.

phew, that's one issue off my back, now to pack two years' worth of built-up luggage and getting it freighted out.

garry, i'm sorry i wont now be able to provide you with a story on an "overstay by a day" scenario. what i will let you know, however, is whether or not the exit controls are in operation on a saturday night  :).

once again, thanks for all the advice.

Sponsored Links