Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Coming over to study  (Read 434 times)

• Liked: 0
Coming over to study
« on: September 19, 2005, 02:44:33 PM »
Sorry if this has been covered before but could anyone give me some clarification on coming over to the UK to study.

My boyfriend is desperate to get over here and it looks like studying will be the only way to be honest.  But we haven't really got a clue as I never went through the University thing.

Any helpful websites, links etc would be appreciated.

He's hoping to study graphic/commercial design/art (possibly in the Derby region, but that's flexible). 

What would he have to do to go about applying, funding etc - HELLLPPPP!!!!

• PA - DC - Leeds, UK - Dallas, Tx
  • Liked: 0
Re: Coming over to study
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 04:33:26 PM »
I would do a google search, using the google.co.uk site. That should help. Plus, he will have to get a stafford loan - so he needs to go to the US dept of education website (not sure of the exact site, google it) and get a fafsa pin number and application. Once he gets a pin and initial Student aid report (SAR), he can then apply for a stafford loan. That is a low interest education loan. He can use that to pay for school in England depending on where he studies. He needs to check that the school in England is included in a special list prepared by the Dept of education - they are approved schools they will fund. He should also apply for as many scholarships as possible. The biggest hassle is coordinating the loan company and school to get your money in time for class to start. You may want to post in the student lounge as well, and do some research reading posts there. Good luck! I am starting class next week and have just gone through the process of applying for acceptance, student visa and student loan. NOT fun, but well worth it. Good luck and stay organized.
Sometimes I feel like an alien in my own country

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab