Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Question about the new three month rule.  (Read 626 times)

• Life is like a tire swing.
  • Liked: 0
Question about the new three month rule.
« on: March 24, 2006, 01:19:45 PM »
I just have a quick question. Sometime in the near future, I understand that the UK is going to change from six month visit to three month visit for a tourist stamp in one's passport. Some of us have children that come for summertime break and Christmas break. At this time when they come, everything is okay since both breaks are not six months long - even combining the two lengths of time; however, when the ruling is changed, I would not be surprised if Christmas (usually lasting approximately two weeks) and summer (lasting approximately 10 weeks) will be straining right at the new three month limit, if not going just beyond it.

What are the chances of our child(ren) being denied entry during those two times (especially at Christmas since it comes after summer break)  because Immigration has looked at the previous stamp and has noted that this child(ren) has already been in the UK earlier that year for ten or 11 weeks? Is this something that I have to worry about, or will the kid(s) be asked basically the same questions and be let through?
MOMMA ALWAYS SAID:  "There an awful lot you can tell 'bout a person by their shoes" --- "Where they goin' , Where they been"
"I've worn lots of shoes"   Forrest Gump

"I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floatin' around accidental-like on a breeze. But I, I think maybe it's both."     Forrest Gump

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Question about the new three month rule.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 01:38:03 PM »
Nothing to worry about.  It will be 3 months in any one break, not three months overall in any year.

Victoria

• Life is like a tire swing.
  • Liked: 0
Re: Question about the new three month rule.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 02:05:33 PM »
Nothing to worry about.  It will be 3 months in any one break, not three months overall in any year.

Victoria

Thank you Victoria, you put my mind at rest. :D
MOMMA ALWAYS SAID:  "There an awful lot you can tell 'bout a person by their shoes" --- "Where they goin' , Where they been"
"I've worn lots of shoes"   Forrest Gump

"I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floatin' around accidental-like on a breeze. But I, I think maybe it's both."     Forrest Gump

Sponsored Links