Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: In some need of advise! ANY advise will help!!  (Read 1989 times)

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: In some need of advise! ANY advise will help!!
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 03:58:57 PM »
It is imossible for me to say.  I'd want to see what the Home Office are saying before I do anything.

I can't advise anyone to ditch their lawyer either, it would be in breach of the OISC code of conduct, and I might be accused of trying to poach clients!  But I would advise asking the questions of why was this course of action taken in the first place, and why she thinks it would take 6 months to get a visa from the US.

Vicky

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 04:20:03 PM »
 ???

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 04:21:17 PM »
Perhaps a mod could move this to the Visa board, so Vicky might be more likely to see it?

Please use the 'report to mod' button to get a mod's attention.  It's much easier for us to see then.  Thanks.

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 04:29:10 PM »
Hi Vicky,
I have not had a response from the home office to tell me if my application has been denied or accepted. My lawyer doens't really talk to me much, in fact I have only seen her once and spoken to her a couple of times on the phone. She always just tells me she chases them every four weeks. She never told me that I could be banned from the UK!! I can't have that because my son and husband are here! I am really scared and confused now! I have been trying to find a new lawyer but they are so expensive and the lawyer I have now doesn't charge because of my financial situation and this may be why I am not really a priority. I just dont know! Please help me Vicky if you can!
Thank you so so so much for everyone helping, it really means a lot to me!
Jenny

• Banned

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2008, 04:58:19 PM »
Okay, deep breath, there is no reason to panic, I promise.

A few things...

1)  Have you spoken to the Home Office directly to confirm that they at least have your application?

2)  You need to speak to the lawyer.  She can't refuse to take your call.  You need to ask her the following questions:

-  what she has done to get this dealt with quickly? Has she complined or written to your MP?
-  what chance she thinks you have of it being approved in the end? If so, when?
-  whether she is aware of the new penalties for overstayers which come into play in     October?
-  what is the reason she thinks the application from the US will take six months?
-  whether she thinks an application from the US will be successful or not? 
-  why she thinks it is better to continue with this route rather than withdraw the application and apply from the US.

Either get a response in writing or make detailed notes of the phone call and then get back to us.

If finances are an issue and this woman is doing it for free, lets see what we can do to get this sorted without having to change reps.  If you get nowhere and lose total confidence I can help, but I would have to charge something - we can discuss this off forum at a later stage.  But lets stick with putting a rocket up your current lawyer's @rse first, and see if that gets anywhere.

The ban would only come into play if you have not got an approval or left the UK by the end of September, so we have four months to get it sorted.  You are in no imminent danger of being removed, so this is not something you need to be worried about at the moment.  We have plenty of time to get you sorted, trust me.

I realise I am asking you to trust someone you have never met and only know from an internet forum, but really, I deal with this situation on a daily basis.  We will sort this out.

Vicky

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2008, 05:19:13 PM »
new lawyer but they are so expensive and the lawyer I have now doesn't charge because of my financial situation and this may be why I am not really a priority. I just dont know! Please help

If she is not charging you, then she's quite likely charging the Legal Services Commission or receiving compensation in some other way.  Otherwise you might be vulnerable.  It might behoove you to find out. 

Although lengthy cases are common enough, *disproportionately* lengthy cases are almost always an indication that you need a look under the bonnet about the qualifications of your representative.  In fact, not just almost always.  Always.

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 08:18:11 AM »
I have received a letter stating that the home office got my application. This was about a month after I put in my application. Since then, I have never had a response other than the letters they sent me stating not to contact them again. I have called my lawyer this morning to find out the questions that have been posted to ask, but you will never believe, the receptionist told me she has gone on Maternity leave. I am at a loss for words.. She never even told me. I just don't believe all this! I thought she would have some legal responsibility to let her clients know if she is going on leave, is this not the case?

• http://www.paoperations.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 08:37:56 AM »
You need to ask them for another representative, and you can complain and I can't remember the name of the organisation errrrrrr, Vick and Garry will know and they also give advice as this could adversely affect you and your family. Ah Law society, I really feel for you its everyones worse nightmare including ours each time we go for our next visa.

I hope you get this sorted out its so scarry.

Indy
I hope we get better weather with the new year I am getting rained out.

Good luck to everyone with respective visa applications.

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 08:52:37 AM »
Jenny, welcome to UK-Y.  It's just a shame you didn't come across this site sooner. 

I'm afraid I don't have any advice for you, but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear that you're in this mess.  But I'm sure it will all turn out well.  Best of luck and welcome to the board.

• Banned

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2008, 11:22:46 AM »
I have received a letter stating that the home office got my application. This was about a month after I put in my application. Since then, I have never had a response other than the letters they sent me stating not to contact them again. I have called my lawyer this morning to find out the questions that have been posted to ask, but you will never believe, the receptionist told me she has gone on Maternity leave. I am at a loss for words.. She never even told me. I just don't believe all this! I thought she would have some legal responsibility to let her clients know if she is going on leave, is this not the case?

Is the letter from the solicitor or from the Home Office directly?

Call them back, demand to speak to someone who is handling her caseload.  You need to not take no for an answer - maternity leave could last a year!!!  You must be forceful with them.

Vicky

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2008, 11:31:00 AM »
It was a letter directly from the home office. I will call my lawyer now and see if i can get some answers. 

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2008, 11:34:42 AM »
Jenny, you can send me the contact details of your law firm via PM...

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 11:06:39 AM »
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to keep you updated and inform you that we are starting to put some shape onto the situation. I am going through the channels now, and hopefully start getting some answers! I want to thank all of you for your advise and support on this matter, it has meant so much to me. I will keep you updated. Again, Vicky, Garry and everybody, thank you so so much!

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2008, 08:39:16 AM »
Hello all,
I went my lawyers on Wed (sorry I haven't posted sooner) and I saw the "top guy" in the firm. He stated that the case is taking an unreasonable length of time and informed me that because I made my application outside of the time regulations given on my fiancee visa that the home office is treating this as, I can't remember the word he used, but pretty much that it was my fault and they aren't in any hurry to get back to me. He also explained the new laws coming into effect in October and said we need an answer on this before this time occurs. He is issuing an official complaint to the home office on my behalf and we are going to see what their response is. I did ask him what the chances of my visa application being approved is, and he said that I should of had an answer in about 2 - 3 months so, its not looking too good. He did say that if it is denied he would immediately request an appeal, which I could wait for in the UK, and he was quite certain we could win that. He said that the courts would see there is no reason to split a family up that involves a small child and two parents who work full time and are not on any benefits. So, fingers crossed.
Thank you all again for your support in this matter.
Jenny

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2008, 09:16:35 AM »
Thanks for this update.   Let's stay on top of it.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab