Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: documentation when arriving  (Read 541 times)

• Liked: 0
documentation when arriving
« on: August 12, 2008, 07:49:38 PM »
Does my dh need all the documentation when arriving at Heathow on a spouse visa (he's got ILE) or is the visa enough? In other words, does he need to bring with him all the evidence that we submitted to the consulate? I remember when we moved to the US that we were told to take it all with us because we could get questioned.

Sorry if this has been asked before...I'm leaving for the aiport in an hour and I'm a bit frazzled.

• http://www.paoperations.co.uk
Re: documentation when arriving
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 07:51:57 PM »
We just had my passport and visa but it doesn't hurt to have a few bits to hand proof of address maybe that type of thing but once you have the visa that should be fine we did not get asked for anything else.

Good luck and enjoy.

Indy and Sonya
I hope we get better weather with the new year I am getting rained out.

Good luck to everyone with respective visa applications.

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 07:57:01 PM »
No advice as we don't depart until Septmeber 30th but just wanted to say good luck and HAVE FUN!!!!  Be sure to post what happens on the other end and how it all goes getting in.   :)
11 Aug 00 - Married (Living in US)
25 Jul 08 - Spousal Visa w/ KOL Stamp Approved
01 Oct 08 - Arrived in the UK
05 Mar 09 - ILR Approved (In Person Appointment ~ Liverpool Office)

• Hi there.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 08:07:53 PM »
The visa will suffice. I'd be very surprised if the IO even knew what documents were required for a particular visa application. When I arrived on a fiancee visa I didn't have any other paperwork and I had no problems.

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 05:18:29 PM »
I brought my binder with the remaining evidence in it (they took a few things from it when I applied). But tbh, you won't need it...the visa is enough. I just got asked what my husband's name was since I was travelling alone.
Juls xx

Arrived in the UK on spousal visa: 19/08/06
Posted ILR Application 23/7/08
ILR app arrival at UKIBA & Fee Taken: 24/7/08
ILR issued: 29/8/08
ILR arrived here: 03/09/08

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 01:32:44 AM »
Thanks everyone. Dh arrived yesterday and was barely grunted at by an extremely bored and unpleasant IO who asked him twice how long he was staying, told him he didn't have a visa when he was staring right at it, made a show of flipping through the passport, stamped it and gave it back to him without a word. ::) Charming!! (nothing against IOs though, one of my Mum's best friends is one and she's lovely and a real mine of info for me!) ;D.

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 08:35:24 AM »
(nothing against IOs though, one of my Mum's best friends is one and she's lovely and a real mine of info for me!) ;D.

I had a long-term on-off (about 5 years) gf who was an AIO when we first met, then made IO, and the last time we spoke she had made CIO.  Now she's in Croydon on a desk job.  And she's an absolute sweetheart.  After that, a shorter-term (about 3 months) with another IO.  Also a total sweetie.  But she didn't like Italian food :( 

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 09:28:40 AM »
Glad that everything went ok. I've been asked how long I'm staying after I show them my EC as well...

I know someone who's training to be an IO - he's a sweetheart ;) But I agree, I've had some really miserable looking IO's. I guess it was early and they didn't want to be there...
Juls xx

Arrived in the UK on spousal visa: 19/08/06
Posted ILR Application 23/7/08
ILR app arrival at UKIBA & Fee Taken: 24/7/08
ILR issued: 29/8/08
ILR arrived here: 03/09/08

• *swelch2
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 01:40:04 PM »
Just the info I needed!  Thanks for posting :)
Even after all this time the sun never says to the Earth "You owe me."
Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky.
-Hafiz

Sponsored Links