Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Worried about tax evidence, do I have enough?  (Read 625 times)

• Liked: 0
Worried about tax evidence, do I have enough?
« on: August 21, 2008, 10:50:46 AM »
Having read someone elses refusal, I am concerned my wife to be's visa appliaction may run into problems due to my employment/tax history.
I am self-employed and my contract ends on August 29th, I fly to the US on September 8th.

I worked as an employee for a company for seven years and took voluntary redundancy in May 2006. I was able to take a year out, and then started a job as a contractor in April 2007.

I think I have my tax form from when I left my job, but have nothing for the period I was not working.

I have recently registered for tax and have received a tax return form for April 2007 - April 2008, and have my UTR.

But that is all I have! I have nothing since 2006!,

I am not sure what I need to provide?

I am planning on sending:

Tax form from when I left my job in 2006.
Considering sending them my completed tax return for April 2007 - April 2008.
A budget planner using my most recent months pay (about 30% more than what I was earning when I first started, is this advisable?)
An explanation of why I don't have a lot of recent tax...stuff!

Any suggestions?

• http://www.paoperations.co.uk
Re: Worried about tax evidence, do I have enough?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 01:11:55 PM »
wife is self employed and had only just become so when we applied for my FLR she had her tax return for the first 2 months and bank statements for the business also to show how much money had gone into it, and the tax ref number, and then we had savings/ money from wedding presents (given to us instead of presents), I would put in as many bank statements to show takings and how much you had as earnings also, as well as previous payslips to show you could get another job paying xyz ect.

Good luck

Indy
I hope we get better weather with the new year I am getting rained out.

Good luck to everyone with respective visa applications.

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 01:36:56 PM »
wife is self employed and had only just become so when we applied for my FLR she had her tax return for the first 2 months and bank statements for the business also to show how much money had gone into it, and the tax ref number, and then we had savings/ money from wedding presents (given to us instead of presents), I would put in as many bank statements to show takings and how much you had as earnings also, as well as previous payslips to show you could get another job paying xyz ect.

Good luck

Indy

Indy, thanks for the reply.

Couple of things:

1. When you say she had her tax return for the first two months, do you mean she filled in the tax return form, even though it only had two months worth of taxable pay, and used the tax return form as evidence - did you give the original with the application?

2. I was only going to give the last six months of bank statements, but if I dig them out I can provide 12 months worth. How many did your wife give?
(I can provide all invoices over whatever period I decide to submit)

3. What do you mean 'takings' and then 'earnings'? I have no overheads (apart from mileage which I will claim back), otherwise whatever I invoice, goes into my bank. I don't actually have a business, I just invoice the company I am contracted to.

4. Payslips - from my previous job? That was left in 2006 and I'm earning about 40% more than I was then, so don't want to give the impression my earning potential is lower than it currently is.

Thanks.

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 09:11:41 AM »

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 02:49:31 PM »
Was that a *bump?

My advice, due the large number of rather technical and specific questions that you have, is to instruct someone to look over your application for you.  I doubt that there are many on this forum who have the experience to give the detailed advice you need and I think that without seeing the docs it is difficult to say whether or not the docs you have are sufficient.

Vicky

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 05:23:09 PM »
I have actually just found the documents I was looking for.

I will be sending in:

P60 to Tax Year April 2006
P45 for when I left my job in May 2006

I was then out of work for 11 months.

2 x P45's from Job Seekers allowance (which cover me from redundancy in 2006 up until I started contracting in April 2007) - I'm not sure whether or not I need to send these in?

2007/2008 Tax Return (filled in), to show how much tax I owe + all calculations as to how I arrived at that figure.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 05:24:40 PM by ticktock »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab