Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Visa Help!  (Read 546 times)

• Liked: 0
Spouse Visa Help!
« on: August 25, 2008, 05:13:05 AM »
Hello Everyone,
               My name is Tatiana I am a US citizen but I'm from Puerto Rico. I just got married to my boyfriend of 3 years who is British and lives in London. We got married 2 weeks ago here in PR and on the 20th of Aug. he returned to London without me since I don't have my visa yet.  :( :( :(
               I hate that he had to leave without me but I needed more time to gather my things and of course sort out the visa. We have not applied since we were told that it had to be done after the wedding.
My questions is, I am currently waiting for the marriage certificate, but can I go ahead and fill out the online application and sort out my appointment with Biometrics while I wait for the certificate????
             I am pretty certain that we have all the evidence we need to prove our relationship but any advice would be GREAT!
             I have no criminal record and he is a police officer and he will be able to provide for me financially until I get a job.

Please help guys, I really don't want to be away from my husband any longer, 3 years of this has been more then enough. Thanks!!!

Regards,
Tatiana

Re: Spouse Visa Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 12:19:00 PM »
I think you have to send a copy of the marriage certificate/license as supporting evidence.  And I think you send all that in after you fill out the application online. 

I haven't gone through the process yet (just been reading a whole lot on it on the net and on here) but I'm sure someone else could give you a more exact answer.

Good luck though! :)

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 12:23:33 PM »
Hi Tatiana - welcome to UKY!

Yes, you can fill out the online application and sort out the biometrics before you receive the marriage certificate - the only thing to watch out for is that you only have two weeks after your biometrics appointment to submit all your documentation for the visa, so if for some reason your marriage certificate isn't going to be available within that period of time, you'll need to put off your biometrics appointment.

Hope this helps! :)

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 05:12:52 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I was told that the certificate would take 10 days, but I better make sure just how long.
I also wanted to know if I need his original passport??? He left me a certified copy but couldn't leave the original because he had to travel back home.

Thanks again!!
Tatiana

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 05:17:29 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I was told that the certificate would take 10 days, but I better make sure just how long.
I also wanted to know if I need his original passport??? He left me a certified copy but couldn't leave the original because he had to travel back home.

Thanks again!!
Tatiana
A certified copy is fine :)

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 05:22:35 PM »
Ok great. I'm really nervous about this whole process. I've heard so many different stories that it's overwhelming but it's good to know I can get advice on here. So thanks again!!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab