Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Citizenship after ILR  (Read 314 times)

• Liked: 0
Citizenship after ILR
« on: March 19, 2024, 06:43:09 PM »
Hi Folks. I am looking at applying for the Citizenship this week. I have a quick question i hope someone can answer. We are thinking of moving away from our current address in the next couple of months but want to apply for Citizenship this week. Is there a way to change the address after i've applied for the citizenship?.

• Liked: 98
Re: Citizenship after ILR
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 07:29:12 PM »
In theory, yes but I’d caution against it… on my FLR extension (2nd visa) we moved after submitting the application. In my case it was because we were closing on a house (new-build completion) which had been pushed back. I submitted a change of address form online and thought nothing more of it. Two months later, they issued my BRP and sent it to my OLD address which meant going on a wild goose chase trying to get a replacement. They acknowledged my change of address a month later but decided on the application before they’d processed the change of address request (took them months). In the end it took a couple extra months of waiting to get a replacement BRP. I had no choice but to apply before my first visa ran out but if I were going for citizenship with ILR in hand, I’d wait until after the move to apply.
FLR(M) #1 (±25 WD)
Applied from: D.C.
Priority: Yes (VFS Gold Premuim)
Applied: 17 Nov 17
Appt at PAC: 29 Nov 17
Decision Email: 5 Jan 18
Passport sent to PAC:  8 Jan 18
Passport rcv'd: 13 Jan 18
Moved to UK: 1 Feb 18
——————————————
FLR(M) #2 (±97 WD)
Applied: 25 Jul 20