Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Date set for legal vows  (Read 1805 times)

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
Date set for legal vows
« on: March 26, 2004, 11:58:44 AM »
Tom and I have finally set a date to make it legal... Althoug we had a lovely ceremony in the US in November...it was not legal due to waiting on a divorce and for my tax reasons.

We will be getting married legally on April 24th in Morpeth register office... a nice dinner to follow at a local pub and an evening party back at our cottage...for friends and family that could not be in America...

NOW, I only need to figure out something to wear this time....errrrr!
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
Re: Date set for legal vows
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 12:18:23 PM »
[smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif]
[smiley=love.gif]
[smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif][smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 12:18:59 PM by peedal »
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 04:24:09 PM »

Congrats Shel !!!!   Just wish I was there already :-/ but I will make it up to you with a bottle of Baileys my dear  ;) :) :D

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 05:52:53 PM »
Congrats Shel and Tom! [smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=love.gif] [smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif]
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 09:06:21 PM »
Shel, sounds like a wonderful day planned for family and friends! Let me know what you come up with as far as what to wear...I've been wondering for myself (projecting into the HOPEFULLY not so distant future!) Hope the weather cooperates for you...well, with a ceremony, a dinner, and a party planned you're likely to have three different types of weather for each event! You must be getting soooo excited! I bet it will be very enjoyable and more relaxing for you though since you already lived through the "big" day last fall.
Take care, Geally
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 09:06:57 PM by geally »

• Philadelphia, PA to York in 2000
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 09:30:58 PM »
Congrats! It sounds lovely!!  :D

We intended to have nice dinners/parties for friends and family in both countries since we eloped but we never seemed to get around to it. After 3 years, it seems a bit silly to do it now.

Best wishes on your special day!!  [smiley=heart.gif] And good luck finding something to wear!

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2004, 10:25:44 AM »
thanks guys...peeps, are you back home now?

Rhia, I will take you up on that offer...lol...and if you and geally had been here...no doubt you would have been up here...but no matter, we will have that bbq this summer when you both finally get your bums over here.

Lynn, it is never to late to celebrate... do it on an anniversary and enjoy yourselves... reaffirm your vows in front of family and friends... not only will that give a good reason to celebrate your marriage...but may give you those wedding pressies you missed out on.
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 12:12:35 AM »
Yep Shel we are back in Atlanta....
fun fun...
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2004, 07:55:17 PM »
Hey Shel, I'm so pleased for you and Tom.  Congrats on having a date to marry.  All our best wishes for your happiness now and always, Karen and Chris.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 06:22:49 PM by Kizmet122800 »
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2004, 10:38:02 PM »

Rhia, I will take you up on that offer...lol...and if you and geally had been here...no doubt you would have been up here...but no matter, we will have that bbq this summer when you both finally get your bums over here.

LOL,sounds like a done deal hon ;)I dont expect much ado for my arrival either;except for instead of  having a red carpet could it please be purple?  ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab