Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Pokemon Go on your mobile  (Read 2310 times)

• Liked: 533
Re: Pokemon Go on your mobile
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2016, 09:16:43 PM »
Legend of Zelda

Newest Zelda out soon!
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 68
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2016, 11:19:57 PM »
I understand this game is not for everyone. Some people may not get it or have no interest whatsoever and that's okay. However the hatred I have encountered regarding it and the people who play it has been unbelievable.

On a Facebook story someone commented that people should look for jobs, not pokemon. I replied that you can do both. Someone then went onto my page, found my blog (where I write a out finding full time work), took a screen grab and posted it, saying there was my answer, no I shouldn't be playing. I am actually quite livid that someone felt the need to do that and in my opinion it makes them look more sad than me but hey ho.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2016, 11:40:34 PM »
I understand this game is not for everyone. Some people may not get it or have no interest whatsoever and that's okay. However the hatred I have encountered regarding it and the people who play it has been unbelievable.

On a Facebook story someone commented that people should look for jobs, not pokemon. I replied that you can do both. Someone then went onto my page, found my blog (where I write a out finding full time work), took a screen grab and posted it, saying there was my answer, no I shouldn't be playing. I am actually quite livid that someone felt the need to do that and in my opinion it makes them look more sad than me but hey ho.

Don't let the Kill Joy's get you down. I've seen a lot of people post negative things about it, but thing thing is why? What did anyone who plays a video game do to you? No one was freaking out when those stupid farming games were sweeping the world (I played whatever one it was that was super popular) or Candy Crush (we are in the midst of this one)! All I can think is it's because it's mostly being played by 'millennials' and children.

So many of us millenials are working our asses off to pay our bills and student loans, why can't we take some time out of our day to have a little bit of fun outside with friends? Everyone I know who's playing is a hardworking individual who's just using it for relaxation and downtime.

It's not your fault you haven't gotten a job here in the UK yet. It's not easy when you first come over. (I know you went to school here. :))

Also, whoever did that to you... you should block. What a horrible thing to do.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2016, 11:49:38 PM »

The following only matters if you don't actually know and aren't friends with the person who was an as*hat.

Is your profile on public for a reason? It's so much safer and keeps people from being as*holes like that if you change your privacy settings.

I'm a PR major and one of the first things I learned in college was that you keep your social media profiles on private unless you have a reason not to. So many people lose their jobs, or lose out on a job because of something stupid they've posted on facebook or twitter.

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2016, 07:07:09 AM »
My profile is private but I made my blog posts public so they could be shared. I've changed that now though.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2016, 07:17:02 AM »

Wow, sorry to hear that BriKH.

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2016, 07:25:42 AM »
The news station that the story was posted under had removed that person's comment, so I'm ok now. As I said before my profile is actually quite private and the only thing I had public posted by me were my blog posts. I don't understand why a stranger felt the need to go out of their way and take a screen shot of a snippet that tried to make me look bad.

But reading other comments on the page, I am still absolutely shocked at how insults are flying at those who pay the game. I openly said I like to play it, no shame but that opened me to attacks.

Still going to play though :-)

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2016, 01:06:46 PM »
Apparently we aren't allowed to have a little bit of free fun! Maybe we're supposed to be 'seen and not heard'... except they apparently don't like that we're out and about being seen now.

Honestly, I think some people have a problem with people having fun. It's so unbelievably stupid. No one is getting hurt. Yes ,more people are out and about, but that's a good thing!

And some people are just mean spirited and think that they are absolutely correct. It's not like they actually looked around your blog to see what your life is like. They glanced through to find the one thing that they feel made their point. People can be rude.

• Liked: 9
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2016, 09:53:58 PM »
I turned off AR and my phone/game runs much smoother.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2016, 11:52:17 AM »
How are you all getting on? :-D

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2016, 12:36:01 PM »
How are you all getting on? :-D
Doing pretty well! Just working and taking the dogs out. My pokemon situation is still crap, no gyms or pokestops near me so I'very pretty much stopped playing.

If I still lived in my town back in the States I'd be playing all the time, I lived a few minutes away from a ton of Pokestops and gyms. It's a bummer cause it's a fun game.

How about you?

« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2016, 12:42:51 PM »
I am not far from quite a few pokestops, so that isnt my issue, but I am having a hard time leveling up! My highest pokemon is a 715 Flareon. Took over my first gym the other day with help from my stepson though!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2016, 12:43:45 PM »
My pokemon situation is still crap, no gyms or pokestops near me so I'very pretty much stopped playing.

You may need to move!  ;)

« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2016, 12:48:15 PM »
I am not far from quite a few pokestops, so that isnt my issue, but I am having a hard time leveling up! My highest pokemon is a 715 Flareon. Took over my first gym the other day with help from my stepson though!
Colour me jealous! I really wish there was near me. The closest are over 2 miles away. I'm only level 9 and my strongest is only 200ish. And I have poor mobile connection so it can't even fully track when I'moved trying to hatch eggs. 😐 Haha. I'd play if things were better.

« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2016, 12:49:16 PM »
You may need to move!  ;)
Haha. Right? I don't think my husband would agree to that though. We did just sign a second year on our lease.

Sponsored Links