Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Shipping Plants?  (Read 513 times)

• Liked: 0
Shipping Plants?
« on: June 24, 2005, 05:21:56 PM »
Hi all,
I was curious if anyone has shipped plants from the states to england before?  We are shipping off a crate from CA and thinking about shipping off our "wedding tree" - I would hate for anything to happen to it.  any advice would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone have desert tortoises in England?  can they deal with the climate?  We have two in CA and are trying to figure out wether to ship them out or not.

Thanks!
-Grant

The world we have created is a product of our thinking;
it cannot be changed without changing our thinking.
                                                        ‹ Albert Einstein

• Liked: 1
Re: Shipping Plants?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 05:47:49 PM »
No idea about either, but these people can help:

http://www.defra.gov.uk/

and for plants specifically :

http://www.defra.gov.uk/planth/impexp.htm
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Liked: 0
Re: Shipping Plants?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 06:54:37 PM »
What you find out let us know, I have a green thumb and have lots of houseplants and would love to bring them along. I know while I was inthe UK I had gotten one of Robin Hoods tree seedlings and it was taken at customs as it was a threat to the US system. I was planning on leaving them but if I could bring them , they are coming.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab