Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Sending post to UKBA Liverpool this week?  (Read 1148 times)

• Liked: 0
Sending post to UKBA Liverpool this week?
« on: October 24, 2009, 12:38:39 PM »
Hiya,

I'd appreciate any advice anyone has on this. I applied for my EEA residence card back in April and have finally received a letter asking for my passport to be sent in so that my application can be processed (yay!)

The letter is dated 12 October; I just received it today. They say, 'We believe it would be reasonable to receive the documents within 21 days', which would be next weekend, so I need to send my passport this week.

I am VERY nervous about sending my passport into the mail system with all these strikes going on! I see Royal Mail says that they are still delivering Special Delivery (which is what I would use) but do you think this is really a good idea? It doesn't say whether they are still guaranteeing the delivery times. And with millions of post items stacked up around the country, isn't it more likely things could get lost?

I would love to use FedEx instead but I seem to remember reading that it's not possible to do so (it's a PO Box for one thing, and I think FedEx won't deliver to PO Box addresses). Does anyone know whether it's possible to use anything other than Royal Mail to deliver to the Liverpool address?

Also, does anyone have a fax number for the Liverpool office? Normally I would like to send word somehow saying that I just received their letter and the passport is on the way (basically, please don't cancel my application just because of the post strikes) but there is no fax number or email provided in the letter, and I've never been able to get through on the general phone number.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab