Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 626 times)

• Liked: 0
Hello Everyone
« on: June 25, 2004, 11:00:18 AM »
I am so glad this forum exists.  Thank you for setting this up.

My name is Judi.  My husband, Jeff and I want to move to the UK, hopefully in the next 6 months.  We sure could use all the information possible to help make this transition as smooth as possible.

We are living in Nashville TN.  My husband first visited the UK last year when he travelled with his cricket team to play a series of matches.  This year, he took the whole family and we all fell in love with the country.

Jeff sent out a few resumes and two companies were very interested in him working for them, but as we were scheduled to leave so soon to return home, he could not consider the serious job opportunities as of yet.

We have two children ages 9 and 6.  While they know they will miss their family and friends, they also look forward to this move with a sense of adventure.

I do have a lot of questions that I need to find answers, but I think you guys have so much info it will take time to digest it all. 

For now, I would just like to introduce myself and get to know you wonderful people and to thank you for putting up this great web site.

• Garden Butterflies
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 11:58:13 AM »
welcome to UKY mytigodess...

I hope you and your family find yourselves where you wish to be...  Good Luck
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 12:11:45 PM »
Yes, welcome to the site!  I hope you'll find answers to some of your questions here.  If you haven't already, have a browse through the Moving and Visa boards.  Best of luck to you :)

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 02:55:37 PM »
 :D Welcome and I wish you all the best of luck
Laugh, Love & Be Happy ...life is to short for anything else..

• Burlesque Dancing Yogini
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 03:06:34 PM »
Hello  :-*
Lived in Cheltenham, England> 2003-2004
Lived in London, England> August 2005- April 2009
Back home in Brooklyn, NY since April 2009

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 03:10:13 PM »
Wecome Judi,I'm very new here myself, so I'll just say I admire all the folk who had the nerve to up and move over here.
A few years ago we decided to move to Lincolnshire(about 140 miles)and bottled out at the last minute.Best of luck.

Dave
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.
Ernest Benn

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 10:22:49 PM »
Hiya Judi and welcome to UKY .I wish you nothing but the best of luck on your move.You will find some very useful info here,along with some special people  :)

Rhia

• Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2004, 10:38:05 PM »
Hi Judi....

I too will add my admiration for the spirit it takes to just up and move!  It will be a great experience for your kids too!  There is also plenty of cricket!   I know my husband is looking forward to that again as he used to play friendly matches with his team. 

Well feel free to post more as others have said and welcome to UKY!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2004, 12:35:29 PM »
Thank you all for the wonderfully warm welcome.  You seem like a great lot to know ;D

Sponsored Links