Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: New here and UK bound!!  (Read 886 times)

• Finally back in his arms...
  • Liked: 0
New here and UK bound!!
« on: August 06, 2004, 07:54:28 PM »
Hello all!!

I come from another forum - where it was, shall we say, horrible. They bashed eachother's dreams and hurt eachother constantly and gave out horribley bad advice. Because all of the members have left and have seeked out other forum's to chat on, their site has closed down. Which is a blessing to most.

Let me start by telling you my story.

I met my husband a year and a half ago on a UK chat site called Lycos Chat UK (now WorldsBiggestChat). I am a moderator or a 'navigator' on the chat site and assist chatter who have questions, problems or are just there to have a chat. He and I met and became really close. Over that time we realized that not only were we in love but that he and I wanted to get married as there was no one more fitting for us to spend the rest of our lives with than the other. So I planned a trip out to see him December 2003. Unfortunately, I was denied Leave to Enter (not enough money) and sent back home. After that he and I worked hard to put money together and set up a trip for June/July 2004 time.

I applied for a visitors visa and returned to England. Neil and I were wed 30 June 2004 in Gretna Green, Scotland. On 7 July I returned home to start the process of getting my spousal visa to move to England and be with him. I am currently in the process of getting all of my paperwork together as my husband has just acquired a house for he and I.

As time goes on for he and I, I will keep everyone updated on here. And I'm really glad that I have found this place!!

*hugs to all* Thanks for making me feel welcomed already, as I started posting on the Visas section first LoL!! Ta and see you around!! Tc...ciao!!

x x x - Missy  :-*
So close no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart and nothing else matters...

• BARGALARG!!
Re: New here and UK bound!!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 10:35:47 PM »
Hello again and welcome again! You guys are just a couple steps ahead of my wife and I, so I'll be hoping to hear updates on a succesful move!

PS what was the name of that other forum? Seems like there are a lot of migrants from there to here!

« Last Edit: August 06, 2004, 10:45:46 PM by jim fat »
ouchy

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 01:42:59 AM »
LoL all sorts of people talking about it on here now babes - just take a look around. It's best not to mention the name, they may try charging you for that too!!

I will keep an update on here as to how my visa is going (in the visa's section of course) and I will let you know as soon as I send it in and how it goes after that.  ;D

*huggles*

So close no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart and nothing else matters...

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 05:17:11 AM »
 Hiya Missy and welcome to UKY.I just loved reading about you and your hon's "how you met  story" [smiley=heart.gif]

Good luck on your new adventure in life  ;D

Rhia

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2004, 06:39:55 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Rhia! Everyone has been so nice on here so far, I really feel at home!

I will be sharing my story with everyone as it unfolds, as exciting and terrifying as it is for me LoL!! Figners crossed it all goes ok.

*hugs* Ciao for now...

• From California to Cheshire.
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2004, 08:57:42 PM »
Welcome. I met my DH on line as well. I came over on a fiance visa and we got married in April.  Good luck to you with all the paperwork. It is very stressful, but when its over its worth it.
Cheers
Kelli
Home is where your heart is, mine is now in Cheshire.

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 07:40:23 AM »
Bit late with this.. but see you found your way here. :)  Welcome to the site.

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 12:15:38 PM »
Heyyyy Terinth!!!

*hugs* How is everything with you? Haven't talked to you in awhile! Hope all is ok with you!!

-Missy  :-*

• Liked: 1
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 10:23:38 PM »
Hiya Missy and welcome to UKY!  Glad to see you here!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 10:47:29 PM »
Cheers for the welcome, it's good to be here!!!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab