Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Final Run-down to Sending in App  (Read 547 times)

• Liked: 0
Final Run-down to Sending in App
« on: November 28, 2006, 01:21:56 PM »
Well, the time has come, and I have gathered all the materials I have thought I need for my visa application. I recently was married to my sponsor, under the same-sex marriage laws in Massachusettes. (We're both women.) I am applying for a civil partner visa. Here is what I'm including in my binder that will be sent off to the lovely visa people:

My information: newly-renewed passport, new photos for visa, old passport, birth certificate, letter from my new employer in the UK saying I have a job and how much I will be making at this job

My wife's information: notarized copy of her current passport, old passports, birth certificate, a copy of her contract with her work saying how much she is making, her bank statements for the last 3 months, letter from her talking about our relationship

Joint information: marriage certificate, joint bank account statements from here in the US, documentation of 5 years of a relationship (photos, plane ticket stubs, etc.)

I've made copies of all of the pages in the binder, and included them for the folks looking at my app.

What am I missing? What else should I include? Will I get this binder back?

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Final Run-down to Sending in App
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 02:37:05 PM »
Evidence of accommodation in the UK.

You will get the papers back, though not necessarily in the order in which you presented them, and you should be granted Indefinite Leave, which is nice!

Good luck.

Vicky

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 02:39:18 PM »
Oh, I didn't know I would get my ILR right away. NICE!

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 02:58:42 PM »
Sorry, just realised I may have got your hopes up.  You will get the ILE only if you have enough evdience of four years of cohabitation.

Vicky

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 03:08:24 PM »
S'alright. I was already mentally planning on saving documentation for the time necessary.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab