Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Tis the season...to gain weight???  (Read 1142 times)

• Hiya
  • Liked: 1
Tis the season...to gain weight???
« on: December 10, 2003, 08:43:17 AM »
Yikes!  Is anyone else having a hard time resisting all of those Christmas goodies? :-/  I hate to be a grinch and not eat them, but alas, I am not one of the lucky ones that can eat whatever they want and not gain weight.  Somehow I think that even Billy Blanks and his Taebo magic won't help me out of the effects of the Christmas banquet/goodies gauntlets.  What are you all doing to either politely avoid and resist (....No cookies, no I will not eat them...I will not I will not) the temptations of the holidays.

Oh, but they're soooooooooooooo yummy!!!! ;D

"I shall love you until death do us part and then we shall be together for ever and ever." Dylan Thomas

"I am still learning."  Michelangelo

• Liked: 1
Re: Tis the season...to gain weight???
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2003, 02:58:18 PM »
Honestly...I am doing the South Beach Diet.  It's hard to diet during the holidays..but it's more a way of eating than a diet.   I come from a cookie baking family usually for the holidays.  So....I made some cookies and send them with my husband to his office.

I use visualization....I imagine them as being poison that will kill me.  Extreme but it helps that my whole family is into healthy eating...(husband is a thin...mom only has 10lbs to go).

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day however are freebie days. I am just going to try to have fresh veggies instead of chips or tons of bread.  (I am saving those carbs for sweets!)

I read an article that said that most people in the USA gain the 5 to 10 lbs per year between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Thing is they usually don't take it off hence one of the reasons for the growing epidemic of obesity in the USA.      

Another thing I do is keep those sugar free candies (low fat ones) around and when I get a sugar craving...I pop one in.  If you want a cookie so badly try some WW recipes.  Make them small one tsp instead of those huge things they make now.  

Just some tips.  I hope I can keep up with them!    

Acutally I am pretty good in the holidays..it's the rest of the year that kills me!

The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Liked: 0
Re: Tis the season...to gain weight???
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2003, 03:21:23 PM »
I've joined a slimming club. I've already lost a stone. Hubby knows how hard I've worked for this, so he doesn't try to tempt me to cheat. I've joined the club w/ my SIL and MIL and its amazing what a little support will do. This is the 1st time I've been able to stick to it. I can still eat sweets as well...just as long as I count it as part of my sins (I'm allowed 10-15 sins/day).

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab