Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spousal Visa extension FLR (M)  (Read 1312 times)

• Liked: 0
Spousal Visa extension FLR (M)
« on: December 09, 2023, 03:45:16 PM »
Hi all,

First of all I want to thank every member of this forum. I would not have been able to get through the fiance visa or the first spousal visa process without it so it has truly been invaluable.

I have not felt the need to post before but it has been that long since we did the spouse visa the first time round that I am struggling to get my head back into the process again.

My wife's BRP expires on 18/02/24. From what I can tell the earliest we can apply for an extension is 21/01/2024? I will have to wait until the beginning of Feb for my latest bank statement to be available for financial proof so will have to wait until 01/02/2024. (Please correct me if I am wrong!)

My wife is worried about the interim period as her employers are already asking her for an updated visa/BRP, what happens with her right to work if we only have a few weeks to extend and the processing time goes past her BRP expiry date?

We have been gathering proof of cohabitation today which I think we are good with and I assumed that would be the most difficult part.

We have:

Jan 22 - DBS check for applicant, Online bank statement for sponsor
May22 - Pay slip for applicant, Online bank statement for sponsor
Sept 22 - Pay slip for applicant, Online bank statement for sponsor
Jan 23 - Joint bank statement
May 23 - Joint bank statement
Sept 23 - Mortgage letter in both names
Jan 24 - Will use pay slip for applicant and phone bill for sponsor.

Will this be sufficient for proof of cohabitation?

Another concern for me is around proof for accommodation. In our Spouse visa application, we were living with my parents so included a supporting letter from them along with their passports, a council tax bill and title deeds. We have moved twice since then, once with my Mum into her new home (September 2022) and again into our own home (Sept 2023). What proof do I need to provide regarding this? Is our own council tax bill and land registry deed enough now or do we need proof of the previous address along with a supporting letter from the owner along with /council tax bill/land registry too?

Finally (for now), If I start the online application form now is there a time limit at all or can I just go back as and when until it is complete/paid?

I'm sure I will have more questions but these are my main worries at the moment!

Thank you all again in advance.

Tim

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab