Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Coming back on Post Study Work Visa.  (Read 363 times)

• le club de l'autobus blanc!
  • Liked: 0
Coming back on Post Study Work Visa.
« on: September 07, 2009, 09:29:26 PM »
Hi Everyone!

I moved to the US on October 29th, and I am considering moving back to the UK. I have a Bachelor's Degree from a London University, fully accredited, etc. I think that my qualification was awarded on June 20th 2008 - this is what the degree says. (I graduated earlier, May 15th).

The big question, is based on the points system, can I come back even though it has been more than 12 months since my qualification was awarded? I have all of the other points totaling 80 if this is is not a black or white requirement. The only problem is the gap of time. Help! Vicky?? I need you, please! :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 09:32:31 PM by ...Sprigged... »

Let's take our wigs off in the shopi aisle and fight it out.

Re: Coming back on Post Study Work Visa.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 09:51:14 PM »
....Help! Vicky?? I need you, please! :)

Not Vicky here. She seems to have disappeared somewhere.

..The big question, is based on the points system, can I come back even though it has been more than 12 months since my qualification was awarded? 

Yes, the Post Study Work visa would allow you to return legally, since its valid for two years from date of issue. Though i think the IO will question you on arrival. 

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 09:59:35 PM »
Help! Vicky?? I need you, please! :)

Not Vicky here. She seems to have disappeared somewhere.

Vicky doesn't post here anymore, so she won't be able to help you via the board, I'm afraid. You could try contacting her independently through Medivisas though.

• le club de l'autobus blanc!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 10:00:56 PM »
Thank you! Sorry, I should clarify, I do not have a Post Study Work Visa yet, I am thinking of applying for one- I am wondering, since It has been 15 months since I was awarded qualifications (I think), am I allowed to still apply?

Let's take our wigs off in the shopi aisle and fight it out.

• Liked: 31
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 10:16:28 PM »
According to the UKBA website (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/tier1/poststudy/eligibility/pointsassessment/dateofawardofqualification/), you must have applied within 12 months of being awarded your qualification, so I think you're out of luck.

ETA: Have you checked if you qualify for Tier 1 General?
Arrived as student 9/2003; Renewed student visa 9/2006; Applied for HSMP approval 1/2008; HSMP approved 3/2008; Tier 1 General FLR received 4/2008; FLR(M) Unmarried partner approved (in-person) 27/8/2009; ILR granted at in-person PEO appointment 1/8/2011; Applied for citizenship at Edinburgh NCS 31/10/2011; Citizenship approval received 4/2/2012
FINALLY A CITIZEN! 29/2/2012

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 10:23:57 PM »
Vicky doesn't post here anymore, so she won't be able to help you via the board, I'm afraid.
Yes, i'm a bit surprised about this (her absence). She was very helpful with Visa issues on this board when i joined earlier this year. Not heard from her for some months i think. Dont know whats happened.

Sprigged- I also recommend that you get in touch with her through Medivisas to see which Tier might be helpful....PSW eligibility states within 12 months of graduation

PS: Posted with super199

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 10:26:37 PM »
The big question, is based on the points system, can I come back even though it has been more than 12 months since my qualification was awarded? I have all of the other points totaling 80 if this is is not a black or white requirement. The only problem is the gap of time.

Looking at the points calculator, you only get 60 points for qualifications if you are outside of the 12-month period, and you need 75 to qualify. Even if you get 10 points for English Language and 10 points for Maintenance (making it 80 points), unfortunately you still do not have enough points to qualify for the PSW.

You actually need 95 points in total (as for the Tier 1 (General)):

Qualifications = 75 points
plus
English Language = 10 points
Maintenance = 10 points

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab