Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: LA Consulate News Item  (Read 545 times)

• Liked: 0
LA Consulate News Item
« on: May 02, 2009, 10:11:56 PM »
Hi all, just found this news item ( newcomer link: http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/newsroom/?view=News&id=17162184 [nonactive] ) and thought it worth mentioning as it adds a little more information over the item found here: newcomer link: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/aboutus/newsroom/?view=News&id=16731047 [nonactive] and is more recent:

Technical Delays in Processing Visa Applications (May 01, 2009)

Due to an IT problem, the UK Border Agency (UKBA) is experiencing delays processing some visa applications.  Most applicants should be unaffected by the current IT issues.  However, in response, UKBA will make manual application processes a top priority until this probelm is resolved.

UKBA apologises for any inconvenience and is working hard to resolve the IT issues.  New applications are now progressing as normal, but we continue to monitor the situation very closely.  No personal information has been lost or compromised. 

Has anyone received a settlement visa from the LA Consulate recently? My wife and I have been waiting 35 days.

Re: LA Consulate News Item
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 10:18:03 PM »
 :(

The LA consulate just sent me the e-mail saying they opened my application on Tuesday so I probably still have quite a while to wait.

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 12:00:02 AM »
yeah i've been waiting too!!! they got our application on the 27/03/09 yet we havn't had any emails stating that they are dealing with it or anything. Its just so fustrating. But i guess they do say they can take up too 60 days! It just feels like an eternity so i know how you feel

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 06:28:17 AM »
I think there may be some problems.  See my post earlier today -- one could interpret the history that it is a subtle admission by the LA folks that things are significantly delayed.  Best of luck!

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 11:24:12 PM »
I used Global VIP Services and they delivered my documents to the Consulate on May 1, 2009 and I just got the call today that it was approved.  I should be receiving it tomorrow in the mail.  I guess I slid right under the May delay...but I know that using the courier did make a difference...  Good luck folks!
Been together since:     March 12, 2002
Got engaged:               June 10, 2007
Got married:                March 21, 2009
Online application:        April 23, 2009
Biometric appt:             April 25, 2009
Courier delivered docs
to Consulate:               May 1, 2009
Visa approved:             May 1, 2009
Visa will be in-hand:      MAY 6, 2009 YIPPEE!!

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 12:24:30 PM »
yeah i've been waiting too!!! they got our application on the 27/03/09 yet we havn't had any emails stating that they are dealing with it or anything. Its just so fustrating. But i guess they do say they can take up too 60 days! It just feels like an eternity so i know how you feel

They don't always send an email letting you know, so don't panic about that. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab