Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Questions about HSMP to Teir 1 (general) Extension  (Read 298 times)

• Liked: 0
Questions about HSMP to Teir 1 (general) Extension
« on: May 06, 2009, 08:26:36 AM »
Hi,

I'm currently on an HSMP, the LTR for which expires on 20 June 2009. I'm just getting ready for to apply for the Tier 1 extension, which should take me through until 20 June 2012. The application should be straightforward enough: I've got the income, documentation and nothing else has changed from my original application. Unfortunately, I travel a lot with work and I am being asked to do a trip in June. It's getting a little stressful.

• I assume I could go to Northern Ireland without my passport (I have a UK drivers license for ID)?
  • What is the latest I could post the application, without creating trouble for myself?
  • Are there any travel restrictions when the visa is close to expiring? The current plan would have me in Europe for a couple of days and return to the UK on 16 June '09
  • I'm thinking of applying in person; they are currently taking appointments for 17 June 09; is this a good option?
  • Finally, my passport expires in 2011; what issues are there with an expired passport and the LTR?

Thanks,
Geoff.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Questions about HSMP to Teir 1 (general) Extension
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 08:32:58 AM »
You can go to NI without a passport.  However, if you are flying you need to make sure that the carrier accepts a photo drivers licence as valid ID.  I think that the rules for the main carriers (Ryanair/Air Lingus) differ, so have a look on their websites.  This is not an immigration issue, but an airline issue.

The latest that the application must arrive at the Home Office is the day that the visa expires (which differs from other leave to remain applications).  You must remember that if the date of expiry is a weekend or a holiday that the application arrives on the previous working day.

There are no restrictions in terms of re-entering the UK.  Assuming you do not need a schengen visa there should be no restriction to travel, but this really depends on the immigration laws of those specific countries.

No issue with the passport.

Vicky

• Liked: 0
Re: Questions about HSMP to Teir 1 (general) Extension
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 09:00:53 AM »
Thanks a lot Vicky: that takes several loads off my mind.

Geoff.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab