Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying for FLR(M) in Liverpool next week  (Read 419 times)

• Liked: 0
Applying for FLR(M) in Liverpool next week
« on: January 07, 2009, 12:35:27 PM »
Hi, my name is Suzie and I've been living in the UK on a fiancee visa since the end of September last year.  My husband Alex and I just got married December 20th, and are hoping to get my FLR taken care of as soon as possible.  I read through a lot of information, including posts on UK Yankee, before deciding the best route for us would be to apply in person. 

Alex called the Liverpool office today to make sure they take in-person applications, and ended up making an appointment for me next week!  I was just confused by something they said to him on the phone, and was wondering if anyone could clarify for me. 

They said that they can give me my identity card there, but that they can't stamp my passport.  I know the rules just changed very recently regarding ID cards, so I'm not sure if this means I will still need to get a visa stamp in my passport at another time, or whether the ID card is now all that I need to have to stay in the UK for the next two years (as well as travel in and out of the UK).

Regardless, we'll keep the appointment and I'm sure they'll fill me in there, but I'd like to know exactly what I'm getting!  Thanks for all your help!

Happy New Year!

S.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Applying for FLR(M) in Liverpool next week
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 12:43:48 PM »
The card is all you have.  You will get it in the post about a week after the appointment.

Vicky

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 01:32:03 PM »
Vicky,

Thanks!  Alex just called to let me know he called the office back, and they told him the same thing, that we only need the ID card now.  I appreciate your quick response anyway.

Cheers,

S.

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 03:51:25 PM »
Yes, and your passport will be flagged as requiring the ID card when your cross the UK border.  They will ask you to produce the card if you didn't hand it over when you gave them your passport.

The ID Card has printed on it information that would have been very similiar to the stamp (except it should clearly state you are allowed to work, which the inserted vignettes did not).
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab