Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help, I've overstayed for one month, which airports have least frequent exit con  (Read 787 times)

• Liked: 0
I've entered and exited the UK many times and have never had to go through exit controls (but then I've never overstayed either).  Are some airports "softer" than others?  I've noticed Gatwick controls on entry seem tougher on non-EU citizens than othe airports I've arrived at.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Most airports have people on exit now.

Vicky

Thanks Vicky, anyone know about sea ports?  I could get the ferry to France, then fly back from there.

• Banned

But won't you still get a stamp in your passport on the French side?  Is your intention to come back to the UK afterwards?  I am not sure why you are going to such great lengths to avoid this.

Vicky

My passports about to expire anyway and I need to get a new one, so not worried about a french stamp.  I'd like to apply for a visa later this year (when have a new passport), also I'm worried about getting fined when exiting.

• Banned

You won't get fined on exit, and you would have to disclose the overstay anyway if you are applying for a new visa.  But what will the visa be?  It may not make a difference.

Vicky

A student visa.  Would leaving via Northern Ireland (by sea), then crossing to dublin be a way to avoid this?  Is it worth the worry?

• Banned

If you have overstayed by more than 28 days then you need to leave the UK by the end of September to avoid a ban.  If you do this, then then there is no reason for you to worry.  It is certainly not worth lying to immigration on your attempts to come back, as deception is far worse than a short overstay.

Vicky

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
Not to mention, if your passport is due to expire soon, you may not even be let back in.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab