Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Chip and Pin Rule going into effect on February 14, 2006  (Read 3165 times)

• Liked: 24
Re: Chip and Pin Rule going into effect on February 14, 2006
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2006, 10:50:48 PM »
natwest

They did the same to me when I moved over 6.5 years ago, guess not much has changed. And so I used then hubby's card at the ATM until they did allow me on, didn't realise it was so serious.  :-\\\\

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2006, 11:50:09 PM »
Wow, that is harsh.  I was on hubby's account before I came here to live permanently, but then again, that pre-9/11 and the new money laundering rules.

For those that are using their spouse's card, be aware that you run the risk of 'clued-up' retailers retaining your card, particularly as some cards have the Mr/Mrs distinction (red flag!).  At one time, they were running a £50 reward per captured card as an incentive to checkout staff to be on the ball.  If your card is captured, your bank will be notified and there is a risk that your spouse can lose their account because allowing someone else to use their card and pin is a violation of banks' terms and conditions.  It could also lead to further trouble down the road if your spouse's card is stolen or has other fraudulent issues.

Just something to keep in mind.
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2006, 11:59:30 PM »
Wow, harsh bank. Use the Co-Op. They're friendly. ;)

Or cash.  If you can't use a card, what's the problem with using cash? 

Sponsored Links