Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help with VAF2!  (Read 769 times)

• Liked: 0
Help with VAF2!
« on: August 17, 2004, 06:13:40 PM »
Hi all,

Just filling out the VAF2, and need some help...  My wife is the US Citizen and I am the UK Citizen, so I am sponsoring her...

Where it asks "Has your sponsor ever been married, or in a relationship like a marriage?", what do you answer for this?  I am my wifes sponsor, so obviously I am married to her - does this mean *previously*, or does it mean as of right now (i.e. including my marriage to my wife).

Thanks!

S.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 06:28:39 PM by Emmy »

Re: Help with VAF2!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 06:28:23 PM »
Oh, forgot to ask as well...

My wife and I originally met on the Internet in 1996.  We have been long term friends since then, then eventually started our relationship in California (in person, not online) in July 2003.  The form asks where we first met and when, then asks when and where our relationship started...

Should I tell them that we met in 1996 online and started our relationship in 2003 in person, then got married in June 2004 (almost exactly a year after meeting)...?  We did live together for 6 months last year too (July 2003 to Jan 2004) in California!

Thanks!

S.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 07:05:35 PM »
Hiya

They mean previous marriage/live in relationship.

I know there's not a lot of space on those forms, I am trying to remember what we put for when we first met, I think we put the date we first met "in person," I am pretty sure that is what they want to know anyway.  I  know I wrote a huge letter to go with it about how & when we met online and when and where we met in person and about his trips here and my trips there. If there is enough space, you could write something like "first met online 1996, first meeting in person July 2003" that should cover it.

Hope that helps

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 09:23:35 PM »
Hi!

Thanks!  So, I assume that when it asks the same question of my wife at the top of the form, "Have you ever been married, or in a relationship like marriage?", then the answer is no?

Thanks!

S.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 09:39:57 PM »
Ok I just had a look at the form online because I don't want to set you off on the wrong track and I think I may have becasue the form is a bit different now to how I remember it.  The wording is a bit ambiguous but I think question 3.1 actually includes current marriages ... ie they want to know about THIS marriage and any previous marriages/relationships.  BUT q 5.12 seems to be more about past marriage/relationship because in the preceeding questions you will already have stated the details about this marriage.

Am I making sense? Sorry if I've confused you!

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 12:27:24 AM »
That's what I thought at first, but right at the beginning it asks in what capacity your are applying, and if you select "As the spouse of someone settled...", it kinda makes it obvious you are married...

So ambiguous!

S.

• Finally back in his arms...
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 04:30:27 AM »
Argh I'm so stupid - for both of those questions (about me and for him) I put that yes we were married to the other. Doh!!

Will that look bad at all? I mean I'm just blonde, not incapable of taking care of myself over there LoL!!
So close no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart and nothing else matters...

• Contraltos do it lower....
    • Forever Autumn
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 11:59:25 AM »
So much to know, so much to do.....I find myself very overwhelmed by it all.  But, I am very easily stressed!  So, basically, I'm absolutely no help at all....LOL! ::)
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

Jamie's...beyond the stars and past eternity.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2004, 05:01:14 PM »
The form asks where we first met and when, then asks when and where our relationship started...

There's no hard-and-fast rule for the internet relationship as to when it actually started.  For the spousal visa, I advise to put the date when you first met each other in person.  Not because it's a rule, but because the real-world (i.e., non-cyber world) is more consistent with the rest of the application.

• Finally back in his arms...
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2004, 05:15:05 PM »
I listed both dates - date we met via internet and date we met face to face.....just so that they would see that this hasn't been a short term thing.
So close no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart and nothing else matters...

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab