Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: adverts you love & hate  (Read 62716 times)

Re: adverts you love & hate
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2006, 07:33:18 PM »

The new Honda commercial with the choir making the car noises is REALLY cool.

Eeewww!!!  I saw that for the first time this morning, and i hated it!  :-X

OMG... someone mentioned the Yop! adverts.... hate them an all.

• Unavailable for Comment.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2006, 07:38:14 PM »
I find the Honda commercial boring and always end up turning it off. In fairness, though, the only car commercial I've ever liked was the Golf "Singing in the Rain" which I actually have on my computer.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

• London Rollergirl
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2006, 12:24:30 AM »
oh I like the "hate something change something ones" but the dream the impossible dream one where the guy drives different ones while singing that song gets on my nerves !
But never fear, gentlemen; castration was really not the point of feminism, and we women are too busy eviscerating one another to take you on.

« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2006, 03:32:28 AM »
oh I like the "hate something change something ones" but the dream the impossible dream one where the guy drives different ones while singing that song gets on my nerves !

I like both of those, but not the choir one.
Honda's adverts are usually pretty good, i think... and, i can see the appeal of the choir one, cos it's clever.... i just dont like the expressions on the choir people's faces when they are doing these noises.

« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2006, 07:33:15 AM »
Has anyone seen that Orange advert, with the tiger climbing down the rocks into the water?!

I LOVE that advert!   The look on the tiger's sleepy face when he finally gets into the water.

The other advert i really like at the moment is also for Orange, i think...  the one where the bicycle is riding around on its own?  Something about that just makes me think of my childhood.  :)

« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2006, 12:00:15 PM »
What channels are they showing these commercials on? The tiger one, for instance.
Deb

'If it's too loud, you're too old!!'

' Regret the things you do, not the things you didn't'

http://debbiesmomentsintime.blogspot.com/

« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2006, 09:24:54 PM »
I see the tiger one every morning while watching Sky News.

« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2006, 09:27:49 PM »
TAYLOR HICKS singing on EVERY Ford commercial.  YIKES TERRIBLE!  I know what I want...FOR YOU TO SHUT UP!!!

• le club de l'autobus blanc!
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2006, 01:44:53 AM »
I love the AOL commercials (Is the internet a good thing or a bad thing). They are very well shot.
I also love that trippy deisel petrol commercial (The hate song)

I hate those "they're gonna taste great.." Frosted flakes commercials. That kid is really annoying and cocky.
And magnum ice cream. I didn't realise ice cream was empowering.  :P

Let's take our wigs off in the shopi aisle and fight it out.

« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2006, 02:36:48 AM »
TAYLOR HICKS singing on EVERY Ford commercial.  YIKES TERRIBLE!  I know what I want...FOR YOU TO SHUT UP!!!

Amen!
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2006, 04:04:55 AM »
Thanks Andrea!!

I however, love the commerical for the Lipton (I believe) White Tea with the elderly Asian man, and he says "We taaaake the baaaaby tea leaf and we puck it"  Makes me laugh everytime, then Taylor Hicks will come on and ruin it.

« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2006, 10:58:34 AM »
I am digging the Beck's advert... and of course want the music... anyone know it?

"Only takes four steps"
with the real guy coming out of the bar joining in the dance that has four steps to it with the other three animated type characters. 

and the new jazzier version for Muller with the pumped up version of "Ain't Got No/I Got Life"  LOVE that song!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 11:00:17 AM by Kuyperama »
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

• It's an adventure now.
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2006, 11:54:51 AM »
The mcDonalds advert for their "Summer Specials" using the theme song to the Banana Splits is driving me mad.  My ex used to walk around singing that song and getting it stuck in all of our roommate's heads...

• Conservative for the moral good of mankind
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2006, 01:44:45 PM »
I absolutely can not stand those stupid Orange adverts in the cinemas using people like John Cleese, Patrick Swayze, and Sean Astin.  I deliberately try to go a bit later so as to avoid those stupid things!  Doesn't always work though.
"Be completely humble and patient, bearing with one another in love"  Ephesians 4:2

"All that is necessary for evil to win the world is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

• Liked: 8
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2006, 01:47:43 PM »
I absolutely can not stand those stupid Orange adverts in the cinemas using people like John Cleese, Patrick Swayze, and Sean Astin.  I deliberately try to go a bit later so as to avoid those stupid things!  Doesn't always work though.

I like them, but I hate that they show the same one for months on end....I wish they'd mix them up a bit.  We go to the cinema once or twice a week, so we're very tired of the same old ones!

Sponsored Links