Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Life in the UK Test(was Just to let everyone know)  (Read 1959 times)

Re: ILR Life in the UK Test(was Just to let everyone know)
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2007, 09:12:07 PM »
I wasn't thinking about the cost of the ESOL classes. I was thinking that if someone is due to apply for ILR soon, and won't have time to learn English well enough before their previous leave to remain expires, they will have to pay an application fee to renew their old leave, and then pay another application fee for ILR later on, after they pass the test.  So they have to pay two application fees instead of one.

I am sponsoring an enquiry via ILPA about why victims of domestic violence and bereaved spouses are included in this new rule.

How much time and attention can a victim of domestic violence spend studying English and life in the UK when their life has been unimaginably disrupted and they are holed up in a woman's refuge? 

Answer me that one and then we can worry about whether or not the courses are free.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2007, 12:00:22 PM »
Bloody hell Garry, I thought they were going to be made exempt!

>:(

Vicky

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2007, 12:18:04 PM »
Bloody hell Garry, I thought they were going to be made exempt!

Another case of rushing ahead without thinking and ending up ass-over-teakettle with advocates howling for redress...

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab