Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How do I report my husband's income for ILR?  (Read 699 times)

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
How do I report my husband's income for ILR?
« on: December 26, 2006, 08:16:49 AM »
I get an annual salary, so my monthly income is easy to report.

However, my husband gets a variable income from 2 different sources:

1. He has a part-time job, for which he gets paid by the hour. His hours and pay vary each month.  He has also reduced his hours lately, so his latest payslips don't correspond to his latest P60, from 2005/06. (We will be applying for ILR in May/early June; I don't know if he will have received a new P60 by then?)

2. He has a web design business that he operates from home. He has a business bank account for income and expenses. He does a tax self-assessment, but he does it online. He says he thinks he may be able to download information.

I’m not sure how I would calculate my husband’s monthly net income from this, or what I would provide as evidence. I am hoping that I can somehow calculate one number for each job, and then just add the two together to get a total monthly income.

For what it’s worth, the majority of household income comes from my easily-calculated salary.

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
Re: How do I report my husband's income for ILR?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 08:45:45 AM »
For self employed, you generally need to provide 3 months worth of accounts.  You should also just provide the latest 3 months of pay slips as well for the other job.

I am a bit confused as to why you have to figure out what the amount is.  Unless you have been called to an interview to specifically discuss your finances.  For my fiancée visa they simply looked at the payslips from my partner and my CV.  For my FLR, they simply looked at the payslips from my partner and our bank balances.  (I had a job, but was waiting to accept that once I was cleared to work in the UK).  I didn't have to "calculate" anything.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 04:59:28 PM »
Both the FLR(M) forms and SET(M) forms ask for net monthly incomes for both you and your partner.

The only record of accounts that I would have for my husband's business would be something he typed up in Excel himself, or else the bank statements from his business account. I would think that the bank statements would be better as evidence, as they are from a third party?

I'm also not sure how to report net monthly income if income is variable. If I take an average, how far back do I go?

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 08:05:30 AM »
I would say for what you are supply the support for, so generally the last 3 months.  You are right, I forgot that was on the form, but since my partner had easy to figure out income, I just filled that in.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab