Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Proof of entry into the UK for UK national...  (Read 498 times)

• Does my bum look big in this?
  • Liked: 0
Proof of entry into the UK for UK national...
« on: January 02, 2007, 01:25:57 PM »
I'm in the midst of another week of sleepless nights, and the thought suddenly occurred to me that I may have trouble proving when I took up residence in the UK.  Since I have both a US and a UK passport, I always enter the UK w/the British one and enter the US w/the American one, so neither passport gets stamped as I travel back and forth between the two countries.  I'm thinking that at some point I may want to go back to school, so how do I prove I've met the residence requirements for tuition purposes?  Driving might also be an issue, as I don't know how to show when the 1 year I'm allowed on my American drivers license begins/ends.  Have I created a problem here or what?
When I am grown-up I will understand how BEAUTIFUL it feels to administrate my life effectively.

Until then I will continue to TORCH all correspondence that bores me and to dance NAKED over the remnants of its still glowing embers.

~The Interesting Thoughts of Edward Monkton

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Proof of entry into the UK for UK national...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 01:52:01 PM »
Residence will be proven with payslips/P60, bank statements, NI payments, tenancy agreements, NHS (re) registration...

Vicky

• Does my bum look big in this?
  • Liked: 0
Re: Proof of entry into the UK for UK national...
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 01:59:56 PM »
Ok, thanks Vicky.   :)  I'll try and make sure I've left a paper trail....don't have all of those things as I didn't walk straight into a job, nor do I have a tenancy agreement...
When I am grown-up I will understand how BEAUTIFUL it feels to administrate my life effectively.

Until then I will continue to TORCH all correspondence that bores me and to dance NAKED over the remnants of its still glowing embers.

~The Interesting Thoughts of Edward Monkton

Sponsored Links