Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance Visa Denied - Our Story  (Read 2670 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Fiance Visa Denied - Our Story
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 01:54:41 AM »
I read your Post and am a bit confused, as to how and why the consulate did any type of investigation into your fiances "spent" convictions.  I believe, as you stated, spent convictions do not need to be declared.  Did DJ Webb or Gary provide any instight as to why this was done or why the visa was rejected?  I would appreciate if you would share any insight you have.

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 10:01:49 AM »
nqquests, not to speak for mustang-sally, but there is a the concept of denying someone a visa because it is against the "public good" and this is what he got denied under.  Normally this is reserved for known criminal elements (mobsters or drug dealers), but can be used to keep someone out of the UK who has a "seedy" past.  It is Part 9 Paragraph 320(19) of the IND's Immigration Rules.  http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/lawandpolicy/immigrationrules/part9

(19) where, from information available to the Immigration Officer, it seems right to refuse leave to enter on the ground that exclusion from the United Kingdom is conducive to the public good; if, for example, in the light of the character, conduct or associations of the person seeking leave to enter it is undesirable to give him leave to enter.

It is sad that it was used in this instance and highly subjective.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 11:11:20 AM »
Odd I was under the impression that the visa/entry would be denied if the same offense would mandate a 12 month prison sentence in the UK.  Being that the UK does not have the concept of felony/misdemeanor I thought they would have been more tolerant.

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 12:17:55 PM »
ngquests, that is true... that happens to be the paragraph before the one Mustang-Sally's fiancé ran into.  For example I have one conviction that ended up in 24 months probation.  The ECO barely batted an eye and just asked me "all you got was 24 months probation?" and then sent me off to pay for my visa.  I was somewhat worried about the "public good" paragraph when I applied and was afraid I would have to go through the appeal process as well, but I guess I was lucky and Mustang-Sally's fiancé wasn't.  So I know I am personally pulling for the both of them!  Especially because it sounds like her fiancé is well on his way to making a good life for himself, and if that isn't the idea of rehabilitation I don't know what is.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

• NOV. 2007
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 03:36:03 PM »
Thanks kitsonk, for the words of encouragement. yes, this is the DF of Mustang-Sally.
 I want to take the time to say Thank-You, very much for all the help "Sally" and myself have gotten from this site. Garry, Thank you for getting Sally pointed in the right direction. I know that I have made a lot of mistakes. But I have gotten far. From a tent in the woods in the middle of winter, in Wisconsin, Yes, I have worked very hard for what I have achieved. And "Sally" and I will not give up, "Never, Never, Never give up"

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2006, 06:44:25 PM »
Just a quick update,
Notice of pending appeal has been registered with the AIT. The ECO in Chicago has until the 23rd April 2007 to respond.
Now begins the long long wait.
Maggie and Randy
If you want the rainbow you got to put up with a little rain

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab