Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Pets on Trains?  (Read 500 times)

• Liked: 0
Pets on Trains?
« on: July 03, 2005, 02:51:27 PM »
Hey all,
I'm trying to arrange all of the plane tickets and stuff to go to Houston in September to pick up my dog to bring her back to Aberdeen (waiting out the 6 month requirement).  Because of the UK regulations on pets, I have to fly into London Gatwick first to take care of all of her doggy paperwork there.  It would break my heart to stick her back into a crate for the flight to Aberdeen after she already endured such a long flight from Houston, so I was thinking I would take a train from London to Aberdeen, breaking up the trip by spending the night in Manchester with a friend.  Are dogs allowed on trains in the UK? 
Thanks!
Vera

Re: Pets on Trains?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 04:36:32 PM »
Hi. yes they are. I had a link but cant find it now. I will look for it and post it if I find it. Dont know if its all of them but I know there's a few. They must be on a lead  and not bother other passengers.

Edit:Here is the link, http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/luggage.htm#animals
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 12:47:59 AM by calle »
I would not seek the desert, or red palaces.Where reigns the sun, nor sail to magic isles......
For here is heartsease still, and deep content.
The Elves here holy and immortal dwell, and on the stones and trees there lies a spell.       J.R.R. Tolkien

Re: Pets on Trains?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 04:52:32 PM »
Great, thanks!

Sponsored Links