Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Cheap flights in Europe - Really cheap  (Read 548 times)

• Liked: 0
Cheap flights in Europe - Really cheap
« on: July 13, 2005, 02:29:27 AM »
Are these low-cost airlines like EasyJet and Ryanair really as big of a bargain as they advertise themselves to be?  I ask because I have lately been hearing from some people that with the addition of taxes and such they really aren't as much of a bargain as they claim to be.  That coupled with apparently less service in comparison to larger airlines has led to some disgruntlement.  Or am I just talking to really picky people?

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
Re: Cheap flights in Europe - Really cheap
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 09:04:51 AM »
Are these low-cost airlines like EasyJet and Ryanair really as big of a bargain as they advertise themselves to be?  I ask because I have lately been hearing from some people that with the addition of taxes and such they really aren't as much of a bargain as they claim to be.  That coupled with apparently less service in comparison to larger airlines has led to some disgruntlement.  Or am I just talking to really picky people?

I think it depends when you're willing to travel. I flew on BMI Baby to Paris in February -- admittedly not the best time to see Paris. My roundtrip flight from Cardiff to Paris, including taxes, was about £60. The trip there was £30-something, and the trip back was actually £9.99, as advertised!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 02:26:02 PM »
We went to Italy last year on Easy Jet for about 80 quid return for both of us including taxes and stuff. It was well worth it for us, but if you're a picky flyer and can afford higher fares, it's not exactly high class service. It's a lot like South West - get on and search for a seat. And it's super expensive to eat or drink on board (sort of like buying candy and drinks at a cinema) but there's no reason you can't just bring your own food and drink if you really need it.... I'd use them again, but then again, we're skint and don't have a lot of choice if we want to travel....

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 05:40:59 PM »
I booked my MIL a flight from Dublin to Liverpool on Air Lingus when she was moving back to the UK.  The flight one way was 4 Euro with 13 Euro tax.  It only cost me $27 after the exchange rate.  I thought it was a missprint is was such a good deal.
Dream a dream of England .......... Some day

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 09:36:07 AM »
My brother flew in from Germany a few weeks ago with RyanAir and paid €20 I pay more than that to take the train into London!

Rosie
All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers. ~François Fénelon

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab