Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Metock v Ireland ECJ C-127/08  (Read 2387 times)

Metock v Ireland ECJ C-127/08
« on: August 31, 2008, 10:12:19 PM »
This is a big one, possibly bigger than Singh. 

Essentially the ECJ decided that the spouse of an EU national is entitled to accompany their sponsor to the member state WITHOUT having to reside in another member state.  That's big, peeps. 

At the end of the day, what this boils down to is that the Eurpean Court has told UKBA that they are breaking the law.  UKBA has not yet reacted to this judgement.  But based upon how they reacted to Singh, they are not going to like it one little bit. 

Could this be the beginning of the end of spouse visas in say 5 - 10 years time? 

• I'm about as popular as an atheist at bible camp
  • Liked: 0
Re: Metock v Ireland ECJ C-127/08
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 12:01:30 PM »
This is very good news. I'll let you know how it goes as I fall under this.

Today (2 September 2008) I mailed my EEA2 application to the UKBA. My wife and I married on 16 August 2008 in Germany (She is German). We both live in the UK, she under EEA law and me currently under a FT:WISS visa (after a student visa).

I am not resident in Germany. Under the above court case (and as I have always understood from this forum) the Visa should be granted. I mailed extra documents as proof of our relationship over the past 3 years and our joint history in the UK as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Greg Sheridan, MLitt BA

In Glasgow breaking things :-)

Re: Metock v Ireland ECJ C-127/08
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 01:29:20 PM »
I'd much appreciate being kept abreast of your progress...

Sponsored Links