Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiancee Visa Application Re: Countries Travelled to Question  (Read 426 times)

• Liked: 0
Fiancee Visa Application Re: Countries Travelled to Question
« on: September 01, 2008, 04:11:19 AM »
Hi there!
    I've begun a dry run of filling out the fiancee visa application and I'm trying to figure out how to answer the section concerning the traveling outside the country.    Here's some background info: I'm from the states and my Husband-to-be is British, we met Christmas Eve '06 and got engaged this past June, that's the fun part:)
   Now for the confusion & questions: I was in the UK on a student visa for 5 years.  During this time I went to the continent multiple times to visit France, Eastern Europe and several other places for mini-breaks when I could as well as spending a year traveling all over Latin America as part of my undergraduate studies.  Now, the question in the application reads list the approx dates, duration and reason for all the times in the last 10 years you left the country.  Since I was already "out of the country" while I was living in England does every side trip I took to Europe need to be noted?  For Latin America do I list each country individually or the trip as a whole (ie I left on Aug 20, 2001 for 11 months for Study/Internship/Travel)? Am I making this too hard? It's just that for obvious reasons there are going to be a lot of over-lapping dates and since seemingly you don't include country names either it could look very odd. 
   I also have another question, more clarification really.  I'm guessing that the application question " Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?" refers to ILR or LLR visas and not student visas in which case I'm correct in answering no I haven't.  Any ideas if I'm right in thinking this? 
    Thank you in advance for any assistance given, I'd read through quite a bit of the postings and hadn't seen any that addressed these issues- I apologize if they have been addressed and I missed them! 

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Fiancee Visa Application Re: Countries Travelled to Question
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 09:51:39 AM »
A student visa obtained from within the UK is Limited Leave to Remain, so of course you must list them.

And it asks for countries travelled to, so list countries travelled to. All of them.

Vicky

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 05:52:14 PM »
The online form makes that very difficult in terms of space...

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 06:01:34 PM »
If you can not put everything in the space provided you can always explain that additional information is attached and then just attach a separate letter listing everywhere.
11 Aug 00 - Married (Living in US)
25 Jul 08 - Spousal Visa w/ KOL Stamp Approved
01 Oct 08 - Arrived in the UK
05 Mar 09 - ILR Approved (In Person Appointment ~ Liverpool Office)

Sponsored Links