Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: YEA - Received ILR---BUT......  (Read 599 times)

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
YEA - Received ILR---BUT......
« on: November 18, 2006, 03:47:50 PM »
My daughter and I received our ILR in the post today. The envelope arrived with all our documentation we had sent and our passports. I was surprised there was no cover letter, but our ILR was in our passports...so all is well...EXCEPT they put the wrong name on my visa stamp.

When I divorced my first husband I returned to using my maiden name. I did a name change in my passport, and have kept my maiden name with my new marriage. They however issued the passport in my previous name. I assume they saw that was the name in the front of the passport and missed the name change ammendment...and the fact that my fiancee visa and FLR were both in the correct name.

So how much of a problem is this!? How is the easiest way to correct it?!

Thanks for your help...Helena

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
Re: YEA - Received ILR---BUT......
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 07:27:53 PM »
Yes, this is a problem and should be a priority to fix.  It could cause issues in the future (including potential future children).

The best way to take care of this is to go in person with the visa to your nearest PEO.  You should be able to walk in without an appointment (though it wouldn't hurt to make an appointment in case someone gets uppty about just walking in).
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 10:59:34 AM »
I was afraid the same thing would happen to me so I put post it notes on the relevant pages of my passport alerting them to the name change.  Thankfully it worked.

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 01:38:08 PM »
I was afraid the same thing would happen to me so I put post it notes on the relevant pages of my passport alerting them to the name change.  Thankfully it worked.
I will be honest I didn't even give it a thought....wish I had thought about it ahead of time!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab