Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: EEA Family Permit Application: Supporting Document Questions  (Read 9608 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: EEA Family Permit Application: Supporting Document Questions
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 06:29:22 PM »
Just wanted to add quickly that you should really fill out the online app to see if you have any additional questions since the online app asks questions in a different way from the paper app (not sure why, go figure). I filled the online app about a dozen times before actually submitting it (you can fill it out and save it, etc.) so it would be more relevant to you anyway. For example, on the online app, they specifically ask you if you are unemployed, employed or self employed and the subsequent questions change depending on your response.

As for additional information, our UK lawyers had included a cover letter citing everything extra we were including with our app (i.e. emails, cards, testimony letters, etc.) and we just cited "Please see attached covering letter" in this section.

Hope this helps!
6/26/2006: Met hubby in NYC and start dating
9/9/2006: He leaves for France :( Long distance relationship ensues
2/17/2009 - Moved to London on Tier 2. Huge mess with Tier 2 and Tier 1 visas ensues
4/15/2009 - Get married in NYC
4/16/2009 - Complete online EEA Family Permit Application
4/21/2009 - Complete Biometrics and submit to courier
4/22/2009 - EEA Family Permit visa issued! :)
4/26/2009 -  Back in London! :D :D :D
8/10/2009 - Submitted EEA 2 App
8/26/2009 - Obtained EEA Residence Card! ;D ;D ;D

• Oodles by Stephoodle
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 12:42:10 AM »
I just filled out the application online, and they sent me this handy list of supporting documents I'd need:

* your current passport
* your old passport or a copy of it
* One recent colour passport photograph (not more than six months old) Please note: scanned or copies of photos are not acceptable
* If you are in the US - Valid US Immigration Status (originals not copies) e.g. Permanent Resident Card, Advance Parole Document, H1B visa, F1 with I-20 etc
* completed online application form
* documentary evidence to prove relationship to EEA national e. g. marriage/birth certificate (Original documents or certified copies)
* passport/ID of EEA national (original document or certified copy)
* written confirmation that your EEA sponsor will accompany you to the UK
* evidence of funds available to you, in the form of detailed bank statements covering at least the last three months
* evidence of your sponsors accommodation in the UK, for example mortgage or tenancy documents, etc.
* evidence of your sponsors employment or intended employment in the UK, for example a contract or offer of employment, salary slips, etc.

Which isn't too bad actually. Dunno if it helps, but I figured I'd share. ;)

[Biometrics tomorrooooooow!]
Oodles by Stephoodle:
Blog and Etsy Shop

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 06:27:21 AM »
stephoodle: that does help, thank you! :) one question: my husband's there (his tourist visa here in the states expired in may... anyway for this process, he needed to go back to work, get his authorized WRS. for this application he needed his secured his job and flat in the uk.) do i still need proof that he is accompanying me to the uk?

uk4love: thank you. i didn't realize you could save your answers on the online application. i'll get started on that, and then post any updates on my lingering questions ;) cheers!
Status: Non-European family member of EEA national. Living in UK with husband.
Husband's status: Polish citizen exercising treaty rights in UK.

EEA JOURNEY
22/07/09 Husband returns to UK and commences work on WRS

30/08/09 EEA FP app submitted online
02/09/09 Biometrics
16/09/09 EEA FP app expedited to British Consulate in LA
16/09/09 EEA FP entry clearance issued!

22/03/10 FMRS app submitted
08/06/10 FMRS issued!
20/09/10 FMRS received in post :/

• Oodles by Stephoodle
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 05:23:27 PM »
From what I've gathered from the forum here, a signed letter writtin by him that says he's going to meet you at the airport is enough. That's what I'm doing, but I haven't sent mine in yet, so I can't tell you for sure.

Can someone else on the board confirm this?
Oodles by Stephoodle:
Blog and Etsy Shop

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 06:11:53 PM »
My letter was along those lines, yes:  "I will be returning to the UK on this and this date and we are applying for the permit for [applicant] to join me on [date x and y]."  The previous bits of the letter had established how I exercised Treaty Rights and when we met/got married, as any other visa application support letter you see on this website.

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 05:45:35 AM »
Thanks for filling me in on this, everyone. I had no clue. Ok, so we'll draft a letter then that describes our situation. Is it a problem that he returned in May and that I'm only applying for EEA FP now??? It's been excruciatingly painful for us to be apart for this time, but he's only been able to secure an affordable flat that's up to professional standards just this month... that's basically why we've been in limbo. Perhaps if we both weren't so young and just starting off, everything could have gone faster. :'( Anyway, sorry to ramble.

Basically now I know I need this letter stating that he will meet me at the airport, that I am exercising European Treaty Rights to be reunited with my husband, that I plan to be employed full-time, and should there be any unforseen circumstances he could support me. Anything else I'm missing? Also Do you think there will be any problems with my application with our time apart from May to August?????

Thank you for reading, and thank you all for any insight you can offer.

EEA JOURNEY

02/09/09 Biometrics

08/06/10 FMRS issued!

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 09:15:39 AM »
Errr, careful with that; you're not the one exercising Treaty Rights, he is!

Explain what took so long in the letter--my partner and I had about a two month gap between wedding and EEA family permit simply because she had work and rental commitments that we could not cancel beforehand, and this didn't seem to be a problem.

The only thing that matters is that HE is exercising Treaty Rights, and you are moving to the UK to JOIN HIM, so stress those two elements.  For a European application, your employment is not significant, though you are welcome to indicate that you will be working.

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 09:05:22 PM »
Right, so, Treaty Rights (exercised by way of my husband's residence in the UK as a citizen of a European Treaty member county) will be noted in the letter.

That's great to know there was no problem with your 2 month gap. Ours will be actually be 3 months and 1 week exactly this Friday! And hopefully I'll have the last of his documents soon so that we can submit *fingers crossed*, and so that this gap does not go any longer (for sake of our hearts and I guess also the sake of the EEA FP process).

In that letter, I actually detailed our relationship timeline... my living in the UK and meeting him, our living together, our travelling together, or interim here in the States, and his return, etc. Though it concise and to the point, it's a full page. I'll bold the "treat rights" sentence and the "wife joining him" sentence so that it stands out. Hopefully that'll suffice...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 09:26:20 PM by chrissie »

EEA JOURNEY

02/09/09 Biometrics

08/06/10 FMRS issued!

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2009, 07:24:29 AM »
Hi all,

I'm filling out the online EEA FP application, and I've come up with a few questions:

My first question:
Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?
I selected "Yes," is this correct? After my UK Student Visa I applied/received a Residence Permit which gave me "Limited leave to remain in the UK as participant of the International Graduate Scheme." Is "Yes" the correct answer?

My second question:
Also are we meant to select that we "need an interview" in Section 6? (I selected "No." Is this right?)

Third question:
For those of you whose EEA National spouses were currently on their WRS while you applied for the EEA FP, did you input the WRS Number anywhere? (Instead of writing the EEA Num, which the application noted was not compulsory, I wrote "WRS Reference Number xx/xxxxxx") What do you guys think?

Fourth question:
You stated that the EEA National currently lives in the UK. When did the EEA National arrive in the UK?
Is this asking for the most recent entry into the UK? I put May 09. (My husband initially began living in the UK in 2004. He does not hold an EEA1 because he never applied for the EEA1 after completing a full year. Anyway, he's been out of the UK for 8 months before he returned in May 2009. Should I put his intial entry date, or the most recent which I suppose is most relevant to his current WRS status?)

Fifth question:
You stated that the EEA National had been married or had been in a relationship like a marriage.
Is this question supposed to come up??? (Our current marriage to each other is the only marriage either of us have been in. Am I supposed to see this question or did I select something wrong prior to this??? If it's a question I'm supposed to be seeing, what do I put here??? That we are married to each, and have never been married before? Or do we detail our cohbitation history, like I did previously in the application?)

Sixth question:
For those who are self-employed, did you input your own contact information or the contact information of your client/clients? I put my own information here, I wonder if this is alright?

Sorry this is so long. Thank you all for reading. And I truly appreciate any insight you can offer!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 08:51:47 AM by chrissie »

EEA JOURNEY

02/09/09 Biometrics

08/06/10 FMRS issued!

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2009, 10:32:02 AM »
Regarding "Fifth question:
You stated that the EEA National had been married or had been in a relationship like a marriage. "

Happened to me as well, it's a glitch in the questionnaire that comes up if you say you're CURRENTLY married.  I just said "the only marriage the EEA national has ever been in is to the applicant, as indicated earlier in the application" or something along those lines.

Regarding first question: yes, you've applied for visas before, so detail both of those (student and IGS).

Regarding second question: "no" is fine.

Regarding fourth question: I would explain it just as you have now: "Original entry in 2004, left for 8 months in [whenever], and on WRS since May 2009", so that they have a clear overview of why he's doing WRS now.

Regarding self-employment: my partner (also self-employed) put her own information down in the application, but then included a letter from her client (she only has one at the moment) with his contact information in case they needed to verify something.

[While I'm no expert, I can say that my application was approved within a day, for whatever that's worth!]

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 05:20:08 PM »
Perfect!! Thank you very much for taking the time to read through my (long-winded) questions and offering some answers. Very helpful! I'll go back over it once more to double-check that I put down my answers like this. Thanks again, siviusx.

Has any other self-employed EEA FP applicant left out clients' contact information? I probably won't include the letter from a client (eep!!), and just wait to see if they ask for more information. Simply because I've had over 10 clients in the past year, and my current project (which is very substantial in terms of hours) is with a new client. I don't feel comfortable asking him for personal help in this situation. (Well I guess it's professional in some way.) But either way, I'm hoping that my bank statements will be enough to show that I do work/earn a living at the moment. Has anyone had a problem with this? Well, I'll update this thread once I submit and get the results (which will be when the postman finally delivers my husband's last few documents :D).

Cheers all!

EEA JOURNEY

02/09/09 Biometrics

08/06/10 FMRS issued!

• Oodles by Stephoodle
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 05:42:24 PM »
Regarding "Fifth question:
You stated that the EEA National had been married or had been in a relationship like a marriage. "

Happened to me as well, it's a glitch in the questionnaire that comes up if you say you're CURRENTLY married.  I just said "the only marriage the EEA national has ever been in is to the applicant, as indicated earlier in the application" or something along those lines.

Haha, I was wondering about that one! That's pretty much how we answered it too.
Oodles by Stephoodle:
Blog and Etsy Shop

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 07:26:30 PM »
chrissie, I wouldn't worry about it too much; your employment doesn't really matter for this application.  All that matters is that your husband is exercising treaty rights, and they technically have no reason to ask what you're doing, unless you are applying as self-sufficient and part of your income needs to be considered for the purposes of proving that you have enough funds for the both of you.  So, send something if it's obviously helpful, and otherwise don't or just send a bank statement to signify income.

[As to why these questions are here: dunno! All settlement visa applications have similar questions and I suspect that for UK applications, where a certain threshold of earnings needs to be established, income from the non-UK applicant can make the difference.]

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 07:16:10 AM »
thanks for looking out, siviusx. i thought the bank statements for both my husband and myself were necessary for this application, in the first place. ??? could i have conjured that stipulation. quite possible. but either way, to be safe, we're including bank statements for the past 3 months for the both of us. and i'll just be leaving out my clients' contacts and hope that IF they (at consulate) have any questions regarding my finances that they would be able to see that i do currently work/have little savings. i'm guessing that they need some sort of proof like bank statements because they do ask how much i make and how much i spend on living expenses/bills; others, as well, have noted that they included their bank statements. hmmmm... off to ponder this some more. but i'll probably include it anyway--hope it doesn't hurt.

and i totally hear all of you. :) you're right, the app's just mainly about establishing my husband's (our spouse's) status as someone who's exercising his european treaty rights. it's just the ocd in me that's making me worry whether any little extra information i provide will complicate my application or throw up a red flag *imagines millions of ways this simple app might go wrong*;)

thanks again everyone for reading and offering your help. it's very much appreciated.

EEA JOURNEY

02/09/09 Biometrics

08/06/10 FMRS issued!

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 08:09:18 AM »
More quick questions, everyone:

I just submitted online. The Visa Appt Booking Confirmation page instructs, only bring two documents (the booking confirmation notice and my passport). It also says I need to mail my documents to the LA Consulate. BUT....

1. On the final page before I printed out the app and the confirmation, it instructed for me to take "all supporting documents and application" to my appointment. Do I take it, do they need it??? (I don't have it all atm. A few of DH's docs are still in the post.)

2. On the application I selected the send application "Via Travel Agent" (or whatever it was called, I can't remember, apologies) option, not the "By Mail" option. Do I need to now mail it all in, like the booking confirmation page instructs???????? I thought we had the courier option... (like courier arranged through the embassy... or do we simply courier or overnight it ourselves??? What's the best method that everyone has been using?)

Sorry I'm a little confused about this part of the process, from the online submission to the actual submission my app/docs/biometrics.

Please halp!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 08:33:23 AM by chrissie »

EEA JOURNEY

02/09/09 Biometrics

08/06/10 FMRS issued!

Sponsored Links