Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Waiting for my visa...any advice for staying sane? ;)  (Read 2476 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Waiting for my visa...any advice for staying sane? ;)
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 11:28:38 AM »
I am applying for an entry clearance/visitor visa...we aren't getting married till next year...so we were hoping to do the visitor visa for 6 months so we can be together for Christmas and New Year and make the final plans on our wedding...If I get approved I will be going over immediately...

That is so cool that you are going to be there on the first day of the New Year...it is great..
Definitely call your courier and get an update...maybe he will tell you what the status is...I am just trying to patiently wait...and I am prepared for both answers...a Yes or a No....I am just to the point where I want to know either way lol
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is to love
and to be loved in return"

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2008, 11:38:08 AM »
They have to write off to the port(s) of entry where you were refused.  The port of entry has to dig out whatever paperwork they have on you (like that notorious landing card) plus any other notes and ship this off physically to the person looking at your case.

Really?  In this day and age the ECO can't just get the information they need faxed or scanned to them?  That just seems like a really long way around something that could be quite faster.   :-\\\\  But honestly.. nothing surprises me any more when it comes to this stuff.  lol
11 Aug 00 - Married (Living in US)
25 Jul 08 - Spousal Visa w/ KOL Stamp Approved
01 Oct 08 - Arrived in the UK
05 Mar 09 - ILR Approved (In Person Appointment ~ Liverpool Office)

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2008, 01:25:14 PM »
Really?  In this day and age the ECO can't just get the information they need faxed or scanned to them?  That just seems like a really long way around something that could be quite faster.   :-\\\\  But honestly.. nothing surprises me any more when it comes to this stuff.  lol

Garry may know better, but I don't think there is a cenrtalised document management system for ports of entry.  All of those little landing cards are stored at their port of entry with notes for a period of time along with whatever other paperwork or evidence and it is that part of the processes that is the slog and then I think they still post it to the visa service bureau where the application is being made.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

• daveavenue
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2008, 04:19:56 PM »
i applied via the chicago consulate. i sent it fedex overnight. but i did receive the confirmation.

i did not use a courier and i guess i do not fully understand the benefits in doing so. can anyone explain this for me, either here or by private message? i guess it is more for my understanding, since what is done is done at this point!
The economy fell apart. Then we moved to Brighton. Disappointing- yes. Any regrets? No. I am interested in meeting Sussex people and any other souls that have a shared mission of getting to know the rest of the world better. My Blog: daveavenue.

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2008, 04:22:08 PM »
A courier would hand deliver to the Consulate and basically your application goes to the very top of the pile instead of the end of the line so to speak with mailed in applications. I FedEx'd mine in too and it was approved the same day the LA consulate received it. So it can go quickly either way.

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2008, 04:32:28 PM »
i applied via the chicago consulate. i sent it fedex overnight. but i did receive the confirmation.

i did not use a courier and i guess i do not fully understand the benefits in doing so. can anyone explain this for me, either here or by private message? i guess it is more for my understanding, since what is done is done at this point!

Because it's been a busy time for visa applications recently (Aug/Sept/Oct), applications that have been sent by USPS/FedEx/UPS etc. have been taking about 20 days (3-4 weeks after being received) to be processed. However, using a courier means that the applications are processed within a couple of days instead - because the application is given priority and may even be approved within 24 hours of being delivered to the consulate, it can drastically speed up the processing time, especially if it is a busy time of year for applications.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2008, 04:35:42 PM »
Is there a difference between a courier and an expediter?

DF and I filled out the online application together last night. Then I woke up at 3 in the morning and hacked up a furball. When the going gets tough, my stomach always lets me down. Bonus: I got into the skinny work pants this morning.

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2008, 09:35:23 PM »
well I got my news last night my visa was refused. It was refused because of the way they looked at our statements. I thought I was very detailed with my documentation but apparently they didn't look at my bank statements properly. So I was refused. So now I just need to look on the threads here and see if I can find info on if I there is a waiting period before submitting a visa application again or not. sometimes it just seems like I can never get ahead... :(
Dulcineah I know you will have better news...I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2008, 09:41:48 PM »
Oh no, JEP, I'm so sorry! :(  I don't know anything about there being a waiting period or not, but I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable posters on this board can answer you about that.  I hope your next attempt goes better, and that you get your visa in the end!

• My blog!
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2008, 10:19:48 PM »
well I got my news last night my visa was refused. It was refused because of the way they looked at our statements. I thought I was very detailed with my documentation but apparently they didn't look at my bank statements properly. So I was refused. So now I just need to look on the threads here and see if I can find info on if I there is a waiting period before submitting a visa application again or not. sometimes it just seems like I can never get ahead... :(
Dulcineah I know you will have better news...I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you

So what specifically where you told, because it makes a difference.  You should be given 28 days to appeal your decision and because this is family based, you have a right to appeal.  Were you called, if so by who, and if you received a letter, if you are willing to provide the full text, then garry et al can help with what your next step is.

You got everyone here pulling for you, so lets crack on!
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
My Blog

• Banned

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2008, 10:23:29 PM »
Unfortunately, as this was a visit visa, there is no right of appeal.  But if you would liek me to look over the refusal and help with the next application, give me a shout.

Vicky

• My blog!
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2008, 10:48:51 PM »
Unfortunately, as this was a visit visa, there is no right of appeal.  But if you would liek me to look over the refusal and help with the next application, give me a shout.

Oh crap, I forgot... thought it was a Spousal...
Transpondia
My Blog

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2008, 10:54:09 PM »
You guys are the best...and yes Vicky I was going to ask for your help. I will pm you if that is alright? I just have a few questions and would really like someone who knows more then me to look my refusal over....thanks for being there for me....

• Banned

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2008, 10:54:47 PM »
Yeah, a downer.

But better £63 wasted than £500...

Vicky

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2008, 10:57:15 PM »
exactly..and at least I have now been thru the process so I know what goes into it...

Sponsored Links