Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Moving in 2 weeks - September 2019  (Read 1764 times)

• Liked: 21
Moving in 2 weeks - September 2019
« on: September 11, 2019, 08:48:05 PM »
My husband's spouse visa has been approved, we've booked the flights and he's leaving the US on the 24th Sep.

When he flies he is planning on having his carry on, a checked bag and a checked box.

He isn't shipping anything because he knows he can get it all on the plane, now I've seen people mentioning the TOR.

My husband isn't sure if he needs to complete the TOR form, but we're nervous because if he lands and they charge customs on what he's bringing over we can't afford it.

He's bringing clothing (obviously), ps4, wii u, controllers associated with it and a computer keyboard in the checked luggage.
His old laptop, PSP, DS and tablet will be with his carry on stuff.

Does anyone have guidance on whether he can get through without a problem, or if they will charge duty on everything how much would you estimate it to cost? Should we complete the TOR form?
First Met: December 2013
Married: June 29th 2018
He Submitted: 18th May 2019
Passport arrived back - APPROVED: 10th September 2019
Landed in the UK: 25th September 2019

FLR (M) Submitted: 19th March 2022
Biometrics Appointment: 4th April 2022

• Liked: 239
Re: Moving in 2 weeks - September 2019
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 06:15:03 AM »
Is there any way he can bring two checked bags? I brought my ps4 over in a smaller carry on and checked my clothes and other items that weren’t sensitive to being damaged or stolen. If he can’t get at least the ps4 and PSP in the carry on would be ideal. Or most airlines will allow a carry on and a person item such as a backpack.

I did that instead of dealing with a TOR. If he isn’t able to, hopefully someone will be by soon to help you with the TOR question.
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

• Liked: 958
Re: Moving in 2 weeks - September 2019
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 12:04:50 PM »
Completing the TOR is a good idea, because they can charge duty on things you bring in luggage if they choose to (if you don't declare it you don't get charged, but that's also a do at your own risk type thing).  If you apply today it might be approved in time so that its not a worry at all then, but then at worst if you are charged you get it back.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab