Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Work Permit, Switch to Visitor, Get Married (Also Honeymoon question)  (Read 544 times)

• Liked: 0
I've got a problem.  I entered the UK on a Work Permit Visa at the beginning of '05.  I'm marrying a UK citizen in August of '06.  However, I may be made redundant before the wedding, thus losing my Work Permit.

Can I switch to a normal Visitor Visa between now and the wedding?  Or do I technically require a Fiance Visa to remain in the UK until the wedding?

------

Another unrelated question: If I'm lucky enough to still have the Work Permit Visa before and after the wedding, am I exempted from the requirement most have here, in that you musn't leave the UK for a honeymoon until after you've received your FLR?  Could I just reenter the UK on my Work Permit even though my marital status has changed?

I truly appreciate any help in this matter.

When exactly will you become redundant?

I don't really know.  Assume it could be anytime from now up until the end of August.

Well, usually the Home Office allows a person up to 28 days from the date you leave work. If you switch to visitor status you will have to leave the UK and obtain entry clearance from a British embassy in your country of residence, however, if you are able to marry before you leave work, you may be able to apply for FLR on the basis of your marriage despite being made redundant.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
I agree with asmabashir.

Have you already got your Certificate of Approval?

Victoria

So, if I were to be made redundant today, I'd have to leave the UK in 28 days, get a Fiance Visa, and then return for the wedding?

We have applied for the Certificate of Approval, it should hopefully be processed in the next couple of weeks.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab