Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Did I miss something? (ILR - Non Applying Chilren)  (Read 531 times)

• Liked: 5
Did I miss something? (ILR - Non Applying Chilren)
« on: December 26, 2023, 11:35:35 PM »
Im currently working on my ILR application and noticed there’s no questions on Non Applying Children like there were when I applied for my last visa (spouse visa extension).

Did I somehow miss something in the application, or is info on non applying children not necessary for ILR?

Am I right to assume I wont need to include any of my son's information (his birth certificate, passport and proof of address)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 11:41:23 PM by LetsPlay »

• Liked: 60
Re: Did I miss something? (ILR - Non Applying Chilren)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 11:21:40 AM »
It's been a year and a half since I did my ILR application, but no, I did not need to provide any information on my child/step-children for ILR. Saved me a lot of headaches!

• Liked: 3597
Re: Did I miss something? (ILR - Non Applying Chilren)
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2024, 12:50:51 PM »
Unless they've changed the form recently, there should still be questions about children, and you should still have to provide their passport, birth certificate and letter confirming their address.

They introduced this requirement for ILR a year or two before it was introduced for FLR(M), and as far as I am aware, it is still a requirement to provide information about your non-applying children.

They ask for details of children, because if the application falls for refusal (whether it be FLR or ILR), they will look to see if you can be put on the 10-year path under Article 8... and the main thing they look at for eligibility is whether you have any UK citizen children living in the UK whose lives would be seriously negatively affected if your visa were to be refused.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab