Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Security tag still on clothes - Help!  (Read 1226 times)

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
Security tag still on clothes - Help!
« on: December 27, 2009, 10:05:36 AM »
Soooo, I'm super annoyed that despite much double checking and at every shop asking the sales person to make sure the security tags were removed, that one of my new pairs of jeans I bought in the US still has the freakin' security tag on it! Any ideas for how to get it off without screwing up my new jeans?  >:( It doesn't look like the kind with ink in it, at least.

• Liked: 0
Re: Security tag still on clothes - Help!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 10:20:45 AM »
Maybe you can take it into a shop here and have them remove it. Sometimes even if they have no ink it can still poke a hole in the item without the proper remover thingy (sorry don't know what they are called). Be very careful if you do decide to remove the tag at home with a pair of pliers. I've never done it but that's the only other thing I can think of. Hope you figure it out.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 01:15:25 PM »
here's a google search for you:
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=removing+security+tags+from+clothing&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

can't vouch for the results but its a place to get you started

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 01:17:43 PM »
To be honest I think I'd be ringing up the shop and asking them to send someone out with the tag remover thingy. (feeling bolshy today!).

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 01:37:33 PM »
We managed to pry it off with a screwdriver, and it didn't damage anything. Thanks for the links, Julia, I used the how-to on wiki to pry the pyramid thingy off with a screwdriver and then pry off the metal arm. It only took a few minutes. Thanks!

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 03:13:46 PM »
To be honest I think I'd be ringing up the shop and asking them to send someone out with the tag remover thingy. (feeling bolshy today!).

You think they'd spring for the ticket from the US to the UK? ;)

I've also had luck cutting the pin part with a pair of wire snippers.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 03:33:12 PM »
i bought a dress from a shop a few weeks ago and when i went to wear it a week after i got it, i seen the security tag was still on there.and i binned the receipt the day i bought the dress! i went back in the shop and explained this to them and they actually accused me of stealing it! I told them if I stole it,would I actually have the nerve to come back in the shop and ask them to remove the tag! Luckily they removed it for me and after their attitude I refuse to go back in there

Sponsored Links