Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Relieved and Peeved  (Read 866 times)

• Liked: 0
Relieved and Peeved
« on: February 04, 2010, 12:35:05 AM »
So DB had a test today for maths and he usually goes out afterwards to celebrate with his friends. We talk most every day, but I figured that he'd be celebrating so I wasn't worried when I didn't hear from him all day.
I only became worried after I received 2 texts from his sister asking if I'd heard from him because she hadn't seen or heard from him since 9 this morning. I called her to reassure her that he was probably just out at a pub and she went on saying he wasn't answering his phone and that he should be home by now...well, naturally, I start to worry.

1 hour later, DB stumbles home drunk  [smiley=laugh4.gif]...haha! I'm relieved even though I knew I had nothing to worry about but peeved cause even though I know that his sister was worried, there isn't much that I could do from here. I don't want to seem unappreciative for the text but all it did was make me sweat.

And that's my vent for the night. Thanks for listening :)
August 2008: Met on Facebook
February 2009: Met face-to-face in London, UK
March 2009 - September 2011: Visits back and forth
January 30, 2012: Married in Vegas
March 19, 2012: Online Application Completed
March 22, 2012: Biometrics, Docs sent (priority)
March 23, 2012: E-mail stating reception of docs
March 26, 2012: VISA ISSUED! :D
May 14, 2012: MOVING TO SHEFFIELD!
March 17, 2014: Passed Life in the UK Test!
June 14, 2014: ILR Approved!

• Liked: 1
Re: Relieved and Peeved
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 12:42:28 AM »
It's frustrating when communication is cut off from another continent like that!! That happened to me a few weeks ago with my bf. He was on a hiking trip for a long weekend and was usually good about texting me the first couple of days. Well, the 3rd day- nothing. I thought.. well, fine. He's gone out on the piss. No big deal. Then the next day I texted him some news. No response. I texted again a couple of hours later bc I was surprised I didn't hear from him. Figured he was on the long train ride home and maybe had no service. Then by that evening, still no response! I started dreaming up all kinds of things that he got hurt hiking and was in a hospital somewhere, but no one knew to let me know! lol It turned out he HAD been texting me but I wasn't getting them for some reason! Like 3 days later, I got like 4 texts from him at once- all his responses at once!
"Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it." -Eat Pray Love

beth@medivisas.com
medivisas.com

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 01:51:39 AM »
This is the worst thing about a LDR to me!!! This has happened to us both ways as a couple and it is awful!!!

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 02:26:27 AM »
Totally agree that it's the hardest part!

• Liked: 7
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 02:50:28 AM »
Haha, the same thing has happened to us the past two nights...

Yesterday, I was quoted that it would take 2 hours to fix my car. I decided to wait.  FOUR hours later, they still didnt have the part they needed, and I had to find a ride home because my car would have leaked transmission fluid the whole way back.   I texted DB here and there, but my battery was pretty shot and I had to turn it off to conserve power. By the time I got a ride home, DB was already in bed.

Today, he went out for drinks after work, couldn't call, and didn't get back until past his bedtime.   The reason he goes out is pretty much because of peer pressure.  His workmates are always stopping at the pub on the way home, and since DB gets a ride with them every morning and night, he's forced to go along with it.  He would stay up to talk to me when he gets in, but I don't let him...but that's completely unhealthy for him. (When he was a student, he would stay up until ~5am UK time so we could fall asleep together.--is that bad?!?!)

The crappy/lack of communication is ever so frustrating...And when I try to call him, he either doesnt answer, or it goes straight to voicemail. Boo!

Done ranting now...! :D
2007-Short Term Student;   2010-T4;   2011-T1 PSW;   2013-FLR(M);    2015-ILR;    2016 - Citizenship (approved!)

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 03:00:01 AM »

(When he was a student, he would stay up until ~5am UK time so we could fall asleep together.--is that bad?!?!)

Haha, DB is a student; we just got off the phone and he has college at 9. BUT he did have exciting news; He got into The University of Sheffield for Civil Engineering!! I know where I'll be next year!  [smiley=laugh3.gif] YAY!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab