Hello

Sponsored Links

Poll

Who should Eastenders bring back?

Michelle
Lofty
Grant
Tiff (in case she faked her death ala Den)
David Wickes
Simon Wickes
Bianca
Peggy Mitchell
Cindy
Kathy
Arthur
Diane
Diane's crazy punk friend
Pete
Ethyl
Ethyl's little dog
Nasty Nick Cotton
Phil
Nigel
Angie

Topic: Eastenders  (Read 49903 times)

• Liked: 2
Re: Eastenders
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2004, 07:42:29 PM »
did that guy die? i thought they just decided Todd Carty was better casting cause he was already "known" from Grange Hill (kid's show, like Easty but set in a school) but yeah how far do they expect us to suspend disbelief that Carol wouldn't come to the wedding ... or Bianca indeed! But still I guess they're not expecting Michelle (being Martin's sister) over from the US either, which is even stupider if you think about it as her teenage daughter now lives in the square as well. Maybe I expect too much from soaps!

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2004, 07:49:55 PM »
did that guy die? i thought they just decided Todd Carty was better casting cause he was already "known" from Grange Hill (kid's show, like Easty but set in a school) but yeah how far do they expect us to suspend disbelief that Carol wouldn't come to the wedding ... or Bianca indeed! But still I guess they're not expecting Michelle (being Martin's sister) over from the US either, which is even stupider if you think about it as her teenage daughter now lives in the square as well. Maybe I expect too much from soaps!

Yeah, he committed suicide... couldnt handle 'stardom'.

I think i definitely expect too much from soaps!   I get so annoyed with the writers for some of the cheap tricks they pull... as if we are not going to notice?!  Like when Alex & Melanie's dad, Jeff, was played by the same actor that played Pat's ex-husband , Brian Wicks?!   

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2004, 07:55:44 PM »
oh well as long as we don't have to endure any Dallas style  "dreams" where someone wakes up and the last 12 months never happened!

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2004, 10:16:42 PM »
I still can't stand Martin, and I dont' buy into the romance the writers cooked up between him and Sonia at all. This is an obvious plot device to set up a storyline to get Chloe back.  ::)

I have wanted to give Pauline a good slap over defending him time and again. When did he turn good enough for Sonia?  I have missed a alot fo episodes I think.

I think Pat is my favorite character on there at the moment,, Gotta love her sense of dress style,lol. 

Am I the only one who sees Kat and Pat as just being the same person, seperated by age? LOL

Whatever happened with Mo and her being raped? I know she left Billy due to wanting to keep the baby,, but has she had it yet?

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2004, 10:31:00 PM »
I've gone off Eastenders a bit lately.  Kat and Alfie were cute at first, but now they are grating on my nerves.  It's time for them to take a backseat for a while.

BTW, speaking of them ... anyone seen in the news that she's preggers in real life?  Now, who wants to bet the next story line is Kat preggers with Andy's baby.

But still I guess they're not expecting Michelle (being Martin's sister) over from the US either, which is even stupider if you think about it as her teenage daughter now lives in the square as well.

Michelle's daughter, Vicky, also drives me batty.  Goes from having an American accent to this dodgy English accent in less than a year.  To top it off, this newly acquired accent isn't even East End.
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2004, 06:53:13 AM »
I still can't stand Martin, and I dont' buy into the romance the writers cooked up between him and Sonia at all.
I agree... this is another thing that im annoyed with the writers about... how stupid do they think we are?  >:(

Whatever happened with Mo and her being raped? I know she left Billy due to wanting to keep the baby,, but has she had it yet?

The actress who plays Mo has had her baby in real life, but the character Mo is still away, and there's been no mention of her having the baby yet.

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2004, 06:55:17 AM »

BTW, speaking of them ... anyone seen in the news that she's preggers in real life?  Now, who wants to bet the next story line is Kat preggers with Andy's baby.

I see that coming as well. 

As for Vicky's accent... did you hear how they explained that away?  She supposedly picked up this accent while travelling through Europe!  What a load of absolute crap.

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2004, 09:24:01 AM »
They said her American accent was "incongruous."

Slap all the American ex-pat faces, then, why don't you?  I thought London was cosmopolitan enough (even in the East End!) to handle a few "incongruous" accents!    ::)
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2004, 02:06:53 PM »
That's ridiculous!
She was 8 or 9 when she moved to America... I reckon she would have a mixed accent at age 16!!

See what i mean about these writers!?  GGGGRRRRRRrrrrrr  >:(

( its only a soap, its only a soap, its only a soap...)

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2004, 02:09:43 PM »
Broxi, my mother sends me the weekly recaps from the US soaps and I tell you, I have to repeat your darling little mantra all the time...what are they thinking sometimes?!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2004, 08:47:51 PM »

i thought that too but then i read somewhere the pregnancy isn't being written into the story line, she is going to be standing behind the bar a lot t ohide the bump!

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2004, 10:07:48 PM »

i thought that too but then i read somewhere the pregnancy isn't being written into the story line, she is going to be standing behind the bar a lot t ohide the bump!

I've no right to talk about other people's weight, but... Kat really is piling on the pounds recently, isn't she?  But i dont notice an actual bump yet...

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2004, 01:14:36 PM »
Michelle's daughter, Vicky, also drives me batty.  Goes from having an American accent to this dodgy English accent in less than a year.  To top it off, this newly acquired accent isn't even East End.

Yeah thats  bullocks! >:(

When I watched Sonia and Martin get married yesterday,I was thinking should have been Jamie,should have been Jamie  :\\\'( :-\\\\ ::)

• Burlesque Dancing Yogini
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2004, 04:21:41 AM »
I was wondering if someone could answer this for me... Ive been reading up on the EE epsiodes now that Im back home. There was a link on todays episode write up saying that Sonia give birth before (Oct 2000) and Martin was the father?? What happened to the baby? And who is Jamie? Really, I shouldn't give a crap; its all fake but its midnight, my man is 3000 miles away and my mind is buzzing!  ;D Thanks!
Lived in Cheltenham, England> 2003-2004
Lived in London, England> August 2005- April 2009
Back home in Brooklyn, NY since April 2009

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2004, 06:43:18 AM »
I was wondering if someone could answer this for me... Ive been reading up on the EE epsiodes now that Im back home. There was a link on todays episode write up saying that Sonia give birth before (Oct 2000) and Martin was the father?? What happened to the baby? And who is Jamie? Really, I shouldn't give a crap; its all fake but its midnight, my man is 3000 miles away and my mind is buzzing!  ;D Thanks!

Martin & Sonia lost their virginity to eachother when they were at school.  It was just a one-off, and Martin acted like a jerk afterward, so it was never a 'relationship'  Soon after, Sonia got together with Jamie, who was a couple of years older, and was a cousin of the Mitchell's. 
Anyway, Sonia turned up pregnant, but no one knew she was pregnant until she got a terrible stomach-ache one day and ended up giving birth on the living room couch, with Big Mo Harris as midwife (they heard the screaming through the walls and came over to see what was up).

So there she was with this baby (Chloe) that was totally unexpected.  She wanted to keep the baby, but knew she couldnt do it on her own, so asked Martin & Pauline if they would help, and Martin didnt want anything to do with Chloe. So Sonia gave her up for adoption to some people that lived in Bromley, I think.  Later on she regretted giving her up and used to sort of stalk the house... watching through windows, etc, trying to get a glimpse of the bairn.  And then at one stage Our Solid and Sensible Sonia snatched the baby when the babysitter wasnt looking, and brought it back to Walford where there was this big fuss with police, etc.   But she eventually saw sense and gave the baby back.

Jamie died at Christmas the next year (or was it 2 years later?)... he and Sonia were engaged, and talking about getting their own flat, etc.  He was hit by a car, driven by none other than Martin Fowler, who was joy-riding and didnt even have a licence!  Jamie died, Martin got the jail, and Sonia spent her days sitting at Jamie's graveside, sending him text messages on her mobile phone!  Well, ok, she only did that once, but it sticks in my mind as one of the stupidest things ever.

These are only a few of the reasons why it is so unbelieveable that Martin & Sonia became a couple!

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 08:07:14 AM by Broxi »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab