Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Time for ILR  (Read 448 times)

• Liked: 65
Time for ILR
« on: February 03, 2024, 05:12:05 PM »
Hi all - the time for ILR is approaching, so time to get all my ducks in a row.

My BRP expires 11 May and I was planning on applying 1st May, but I want to go super priority so am now thinking earlier may be better in case it takes a bit to get an appointment.

I arrived in the U.K. on 20 January 2019 so am I correct in thinking I can apply any time from now?

The whole applying early kind of freaks me out because this is my second go around and I really don’t want to mess up at all. Still kicking myself for not getting citizenship back in 2005!

Anywho, for the pieces of post is it something every 5 months from the date of last BRP issue to the date I apply?

Thanks as always for your guidance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spouse Visa issued 31 December 2018
Moved to UK 19 January 2019
FLR app submitted 1 October 2021
Biometrics 9 October 2021
FLR approval 31 October 2021
ILR approval 10 March 2024

• Liked: 3595
Re: Time for ILR
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2024, 05:32:23 PM »
Hi all - the time for ILR is approaching, so time to get all my ducks in a row.

My BRP expires 11 May and I was planning on applying 1st May, but I want to go super priority so am now thinking earlier may be better in case it takes a bit to get an appointment.

The date that matters is the date you submit your online application, as that is your application date. As long as you submit online before your visa expires, it doesn't matter when you get your appointment.

I arrived in the U.K. on 20 January 2019 so am I correct in thinking I can apply any time from now?

The whole applying early kind of freaks me out because this is my second go around and I really don’t want to mess up at all. Still kicking myself for not getting citizenship back in 2005!

You've been eligible to apply since 23rd December 2023, so you are not applying early now anyway.

You can submit your online application at any time between now and May 11th, and you will be fine. In fact, the earlier you apply, the earlier you will be able to apply for citizenship.

Anywho, for the pieces of post is it something every 5 months from the date of last BRP issue to the date I apply?

To be on the safe side, I would go back a full 2.5 years, so if you were to apply this month (Feb 2024), you would provide something every 5 months from July 2021 to Jan 2024.

• Liked: 7
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2024, 06:11:59 PM »
Just chipping in to say that it is really useful to have this set out so clearly - thank you @ksand24 . Our 5 year Leave to Remain also expires in May 2024, so will get on with applying asap.
FLR(M) Visa (non-priority)
Application submitted Jan 31, 2019
Acknowledgement letter March 11, 2019
Identity card received March 21, 2019
Documents returned March 22, 2019
Business Days from application to receipt of decision = 35

UK Fiancee Visa (priority)
Biometrics & Docs sent: September 7, 2018
Package arrived in Sheffield: September 10, 2018
Email from Sheffield: Not received
'Decision email October 15, 2018
Visa received October 17, 2018
Business Days from docs arrival to decision = 25

• Liked: 65
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2024, 06:43:35 PM »
The date that matters is the date you submit your online application, as that is your application date. As long as you submit online before your visa expires, it doesn't matter when you get your appointment.

You've been eligible to apply since 23rd December 2023, so you are not applying early now anyway.

You can submit your online application at any time between now and May 11th, and you will be fine. In fact, the earlier you apply, the earlier you will be able to apply for citizenship.

To be on the safe side, I would go back a full 2.5 years, so if you were to apply this month (Feb 2024), you would provide something every 5 months from July 2021 to Jan 2024.
Thanks very much! Will adjust my post as I’ll apply this month and get it over with!

You’re a star ksand!

Spouse Visa issued 31 December 2018
Moved to UK 19 January 2019
FLR app submitted 1 October 2021
Biometrics 9 October 2021
FLR approval 31 October 2021
ILR approval 10 March 2024

Time for ILR
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2024, 06:45:37 PM »
Just chipping in to say that it is really useful to have this set out so clearly - thank you @ksand24 . Our 5 year Leave to Remain also expires in May 2024, so will get on with applying asap.
Looking at your previous posts, your situation is slightly different because your spouse arrived in the U.K. on a Fiance visa and then switched to FLR(M). Therefore your 5-year count to ILR did not start until the first FLR(M) was issued in March 2019.

This means that your spouse is not eligible to apply for ILR just yet.

The earliest date they can apply online is 28 days before the date in March that their initial FLR(M) was issued in 2019… which I’m guessing will be around mid-late February 2024 (based on your previous posts).

So, your window to apply for ILR will be:
Mid-late Feb 2024 to May 2024

Do not apply before the earliest date in Feb that you are eligible, otherwise the application will be invalid.

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2024, 07:34:22 PM »
Duly noted and understood. Thank you again - for stopping us going off half-cocked this time. I think we'll aim for Monday 4 March, which gives us time to re-check everything over the weekend.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2024, 03:02:45 PM »
As an update, we did the application through all the steps to the payment page (stopped there, since too early still) and the only documents it is asking for is my wife's passport and identity card, plus a consent form for the Home Office to allow them to verify application information. I was gearing up for bank statements, letter from employer etc etc.  Have I missed a step somewhere, or is this all the documentation we need for ILR?

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2024, 07:43:00 PM »
As an update, we did the application through all the steps to the payment page (stopped there, since too early still) and the only documents it is asking for is my wife's passport and identity card, plus a consent form for the Home Office to allow them to verify application information. I was gearing up for bank statements, letter from employer etc etc.  Have I missed a step somewhere, or is this all the documentation we need for ILR?

Double-checked - and it's still not asking for any documents beyond the three above.

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2024, 08:26:20 PM »
Double-checked - and it's still not asking for any documents beyond the three above.

First off, are you sure you have completed the correct application? Because it should ask you for all the documents you were preparing for. If it's not asking for them, you may have selected something incorrectly on the application form.

Secondly, if it is the correct application, even if it doesn't ask for those documents, you MUST still include them. If you only send the 3 documents it is asking for, it will be an automatic visa refusal due to lack of evidence that you meet the requirements.

You need to include (listed as per the relevant upload sections for the UKVCAS website):

Application Documents
- applicant's passport
- any previous passport's applicant has held since moving to the UK
- either the consent form or the sponsor's declaration, whichever one it asks for (can't remember which one is required for ILR and which one isn't - FLR(M) requires both, ILR only requires one)

Proof of Identity/Travel History
- sponsor's UK passport
- applicant's BRP card

Residence in the UK
Evidence of Homeownership
- land registry document if you own or rental agreement if you rent
Evidence of monthly housing costs
- latest mortgage statement (if you own)
- latest council tax bill
Proof of Cohabitation
- 6 official documents in each name dated every 5 months covering the last 2.5 years, from at least 3 different sources

Evidence of Finances
- 6 or 12 months bank statements
- 6 or 12 months payslips
- letter from employer
- job contract and P60

Other
- marriage certificate
- divorce decrees from previous marriages (if applicable)
- if either of you have any children under 18 living in the UK, you also need their passport(s), birth certificate(s) and a letter dated in the last 3 months confirming their address

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2024, 05:15:24 PM »
I was indeed filling in the wrong form. Have started again - thank you!