Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR changing job role ahead of application  (Read 265 times)

• Liked: 0
FLR changing job role ahead of application
« on: February 20, 2024, 09:41:33 PM »
Hi all,

I'm American, my wife is a British citizen. I've been living in the UK about two years now on a spouse visa and due to apply for FLR in September (my visa expires in October).

My wife is considering applying for a new role within the organisation she's currently employed at, where she's worked for the past few years. We're aware that to meet the income requirements for my visa we must have been in our jobs for 6 months ahead of applying. Would her changing roles in the same organisation affect the eligibility of claiming this income for the visa requirement?

I should also mention that her current role is permanent, and the one she may apply for is a fixed term secondment. She would return to her current role at the end of the fixed term.

Thanks in advance for any advice about this! I've tried to include all the relevant details but please let me know if more information is needed.

• Liked: 342
Re: FLR changing job role ahead of application
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 10:43:28 AM »
I'm American, my wife is a British citizen. I've been living in the UK about two years now on a spouse visa and due to apply for FLR in September (my visa expires in October).

My wife is considering applying for a new role within the organisation she's currently employed at, where she's worked for the past few years. We're aware that to meet the income requirements for my visa we must have been in our jobs for 6 months ahead of applying. Would her changing roles in the same organisation affect the eligibility of claiming this income for the visa requirement?

As the spouse visa gives permission to work in the UK, you can use your own salary to meet the £18,600 FLR(M) visa financial requirement.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 10:55:05 AM »

The requirement for category A is only that she must have been with the same employer, earning at least £18,600, for at least 6 months... so if the new role is within the same company, and her salary has been above £18,600 for the whole time (regardless of role), and will still be above £18,600 when she returns to her previous role, then it won't make any difference.

They will take her lowest payslip from the last 6 months and multiply it by 12 to get her annual salary, so as long as her lowest payslip is at least £1,550 before tax, she will still meet the requirements, even if she's only recently started the secondment.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 12:20:39 AM »
Thanks so much both for the clarification!!

Sponsored Links