Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: new-to-group & expecting my first =)  (Read 2385 times)

• my LiveJournal
  • Liked: 0
Re: new-to-group & expecting my first =)
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2004, 05:38:16 PM »
Congratulations! I'm now 17w 2d with my first, who is due 28.7.04. :) I was lucky enough to escape the evils of morning sickness, only the occasional vague feeling of ick. :)

Good luck with the moving over process!

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2004, 05:49:05 PM »
Congratulations! I'm now 17w 2d with my first, who is due 28.7.04. :) I was lucky enough to escape the evils of morning sickness, only the occasional vague feeling of ick. :)

Good luck with the moving over process!

congratulations to you:) (your due date is 3 days past my birthday:)) and thank you =)
i'm now 24 weeks 2 days and i seem to have grown quite a bit (bump-wise) in the last week!
lucky that you have escaped morning sickness! i still get little bouts of nausea, but they are now mostly from over-eating.

best of luck to you :)

• my LiveJournal
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2004, 05:21:16 PM »
Thank you!

I'm actually looking forward to a growth spurt, as right now I'm in that "is she fat or is she pregnant?" stage.  ::)

• Liked: 2
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2004, 05:36:21 PM »
Me too, my clothes are tighter now but I haven't got enough of a bump to make me want to put on any maternity clothes yet so I'm just looking - and feeling - kind of lumpy right now. What I want to know is when your bump gets bigger do people let you sit down on the tube in rush hour or am I still going to be scrambling for a seat?!

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2004, 05:51:25 PM »
Thank you!

I'm actually looking forward to a growth spurt, as right now I'm in that "is she fat or is she pregnant?" stage.  ::)

:) you're welcome..  

that was one of the worst stages for me..and i think it lasted up until my 22nd week ..but now, it seems like i've went from 'pudgy' to round overnight..
now when i sit down (especially in public) i'm not as self- conscious as i was about 2 weeks ago..
(i hope this stage passes quickly for you :))

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2004, 05:52:57 PM »
Me too, my clothes are tighter now but I haven't got enough of a bump to make me want to put on any maternity clothes yet so I'm just looking - and feeling - kind of lumpy right now. What I want to know is when your bump gets bigger do people let you sit down on the tube in rush hour or am I still going to be scrambling for a seat?!

how far along are you, if you don't mind me asking? :)

and for your sake, i hope people offer you a seat as you grow!...

• my LiveJournal
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2004, 05:55:07 PM »
Thanks, me too. :) Like Britwife says, any of my non-stretchy clothes are getting a bit too tight to wear comfortably, but I'm not quite ready for maternity gear yet, either (although I've bought a couple of things already).

It's really funny, I catch other pregnant women looking at my belly pondering "is she or isn't she...?" heh

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2004, 05:57:32 PM »

It's really funny, I catch other pregnant women looking at my belly pondering "is she or isn't she...?" heh

i got that a bit while i was in the states,before i was actually showing..
another thing i can't believe is how i notice pregnant women now, whereas i never really did before. (even on TV..)

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2004, 08:00:56 PM »
Ooh I can't wait to get back into my normal but stretchy clothes! :)
I shoed really stupidly early and have been in maternity clothes since around week 10, fullly in them by week 12!

About giving up seats, I don't know about the tube but the bigger my bump gets (and it's impossible to miss at the moment) the more people try to help and accomodate me. I've had several people give up seats for me at the pub or whatever, even if there were other seats available! It's been nice. :)
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2004, 05:55:11 PM »

So what did you find out about medical care while youre in the UK now? Are you able to see the midwives over here on a temporary basis, or did they give you grief over it?

i figured i would give you an update :) the doctor may partner recently saw for bloodtests at the local surgery phoned a private obstetrician (sp?) at a nearby NHS hospital who would be able to see me.
i received a phone call from the doctor today and booked an appointment for march 17th. :) its good peace of mind knowing i'll be able to see someone soon and stay on track with my care.. :)
(and should i end up moving here and being able to receive NHS care, this doctor will refer me to the midwife unit in the hospital)

• Michael McCarthy
    • usmccarthys
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2004, 03:03:43 AM »
Hi Lunar, Congrats on your 26 week mark and as far as your visa i found the process very easy(but am married allready).the turn arround after i sent my paper work was less than a week we will be moving to manchester in 3 weeks. Im sure your visa will be a painless process. cheers
Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, When it is in the power of your hand to do so.

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2004, 11:48:12 AM »
Hi Lunar, Congrats on your 26 week mark and as far as your visa i found the process very easy(but am married allready).the turn arround after i sent my paper work was less than a week we will be moving to manchester in 3 weeks. Im sure your visa will be a painless process. cheers

hiya and thank you :)
my partner and myself are going to be discussing more in-depth our future and if a visa application is in the near future (which i am hoping for :)) - the visa process seems fairly cut and dry from what i've read.  =)
26 weeks sometimes seems so far along to me, but yet with so long to go.... =)
i hope you have a good move to Manchester :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab