Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Ever see the 'plus' sign and began to panic, welcome to my world! :)  (Read 1992 times)

• Liked: 0
Hello all,

I arrived in the UK to work on my Master's degree.  Little did I know I would find a 'plus' sign and panic!  I am pregnant, and as far as I can tell I am about a month.  I am by no means to young to be in this position, 30 in October, but I swear once I saw that positive sign, three different tests, I feel like I am once again 3 years old with not a clue what to do next.   ???  Don't get me wrong I couldn't be more excited right now, but I could use any encouraging words or advice on my next step.  Sarcasm would work too.  hehe

Thanks,
Aubrey

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
Re: Ever see the 'plus' sign and began to panic, welcome to my world! :)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 10:01:36 PM »
  I am by no means to young to be in this position, 30 in October, but I swear once I saw that positive sign, three different tests, I feel like I am once again 3 years old with not a clue what to do next.   ??? 

It is because you aren't too young that you are in a panic! You know that this going to change your life...and believe me it will change every second of it! Happily most of the changes will be wonderful. Will not believe the emotions you will feel for this wonderful life you are creating. Granted the emotions will be ones that want to murder them at times (yes you can tell I am the mother of a teenager)..but most the time you will just love them completely and be proud of them! So Congratulations--yes your world is turning upside down but the view will be wonderful!
Helena

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 10:02:13 PM »
OK, don't panic.  Take a deep breath!!!  Just think how exciting this is.  I so wish I were in your position right now!!!!  To be a parent!!!!  Just seems so amazing to me!  Do you have any names picked out yet :P (I'm trying for the sarcasam!!! I'm much better in person)

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 02:36:58 AM »
Oh!  I have no words of encouragement to offer (nor sarcasm).  It wouldn't be my place to do so because I have no children and haven't been faced with this.  But I do want to tell you congratulations! ;) Keep us updated on how you are feeling and how it is all going. 

yes your world is turning upside down but the view will be wonderful!

Thats brilliant Helena, I love that :D
"You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lovers arms can only come later when you are sure they wont laugh if you trip." - Jonathan Carroll, "Outside the Dog Museum" - From an e-card I sent Craig when I was 14
6 ½ years later... :D

• Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2004, 09:01:14 AM »
panic panic! get the panicking out of the way now! good luck with everything

Liz

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2004, 02:35:41 PM »
Wow!  I can say with all honesty that I know exactly what that panicky moment is like! And I agree with Britwife, get it out of the way now (or at least what you can.  Trust me, your days of panicking have only just begun.  There are so, so, SO many more things for you to freak out about for the rest of your life!)

Congratulations!

First thing to do is make an appointment with a doctor.  Get your prenatal vitamins and quit smoking and drinking (if you indulge in either.)  And get yourself a book, if you like!  (A pregnancy book, I mean.)

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004, 01:49:11 PM »
Congratulations Aubrey! :) I'll put your name on the roll call, let us know when you get your due date! How exciting for you. :)
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

• You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2004, 02:15:41 PM »
And get yourself a book, if you like!  (A pregnancy book, I mean.)

Actually, she should get herself all the *regular* books she wants now because once the little one gets here, she will not have time to read for pleasure!  ;)
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2004, 06:34:28 PM »
Funny you should say that I should read now.  I am thinking a few of my other friends, with children, were thinking along the same lines because I recieved a box of 10 books by post from the US today.  The card, simply stated, said enjoy the silence. :) 

I have a bit of a strange question for the ladies, mothers....is your "chest area"  ;) suppose to be so sore at the 7th week?  Just walking down the stairs produces a bit of discomfort.  Either that or I am truly milking the being pregnant thing for all its worth.  hehee

By the way my due date is March 11th.  Yikes!

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2004, 06:53:17 PM »
Yes, that soreness is one of the earliest signs of pregnancy.  Mine was sore with my dd for my entire pregnancy.  I couldn't go braless for 10 months.
Right now I'm 17 weeks along and the soreness has stopped for this one.  Luckily.

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2004, 07:48:01 PM »
That was one of my first pregnancy symptoms. I couldn't bend over forward they hurt so bad - right around 6-7 weeks along. it did get better eventuall, though through the whole pregnancy they were never themselves! :)
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

• You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2004, 09:10:24 AM »
Same here - that was one of the first clues I was pregnant the first time, I couldn't sleep on my stomach at all because my chest hurt so bad.  When it happened again, I knew the younger one was on his way... ;)
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2004, 10:16:49 AM »
Add me to the ones who had tenderness and soreness as a first sign! Mine didn't last beyond the third month or so (If I can remember correctly..it has been a long time..lol)
Helena

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2004, 12:52:28 PM »
The tender breasts actually turned out to be quite enjoyable after the first trimester! You'll be amazed at the energy...which will be good if you're continuing on with your MA? That is what I would be most panicked about. Good luck! (And, March 11 is MY birthday!!!)

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2004, 03:49:31 PM »
Thank you for all the responses.  It helps to know that I am not going crazy and that my body is actually changing before my very eyes.   :o

Any other interesting body changes I should expect?  Other than my already chubby body continuing to grow?  hehe 

Also,  went into the bookstore to pick up a few parenting books.  WoW!  There is an entire floor dedicated to parenting.  Maybe someone could suggest books they have read and found helpful and informative.  I could spend a small fortune just trying to pick the right ones.   :P

Thanks,
Aubrey
 [smiley=hug.gif]

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab