• Liked: 0
Edamame
« on: April 03, 2004, 07:12:59 PM »
 :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 06:39:32 PM by ** »

• Liked: 0
Re: Edamame
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 08:46:27 PM »
Oh GOODNESS you are making me miss sushi even more now! When I was living in California I would go to the Japanese food store and buy LOADS of GIGANTIC bags of those addictive little buggers and cook them at home (boil – loads of salt).
Mmmm

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 08:59:46 AM »
Sounds like something I want to try!
Love love love sushi!
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 04:59:14 PM »
Sounds interesting :)

Love love love sushi!

So do I !  ;D ;D

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 08:28:50 PM »
So *that's* what those things are!  I see them all the time at Wagamama's and haven't been brave enough to ask.  I'll have to try that.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 11:13:50 PM »

The place is pretty new, so we hadn't been there yet.  Even though we have been to many sushi places I hadn't seen these thingys.

So, you should have seen me when we were sitting at the restaurant and the hostess brought them over.  I was curious (of course..............it's food) so I started eating them...POD AND ALL... :P Blech......  Then I realized that the beans were much tastier without the waxy, paper-like texture of the pod.  Duh.....

;D Oh my...

You can add me to the addiction list.  I love love sushi and love love edamame.  Nothing makes me feel better when sick than a nice hot bowl of Miso and some edamame.  It's better than chicken soup.  
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 08:35:40 AM »
Oh man, I've had this! When I read, kcg, that you ate the pod too, that brought back the memory! Dang, wish I knew then the seeds were supposed to pop in from the pod...the flavor was great; but I was picking pod out of my teeth for ages.

Okay, next time, I will pop them!
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

Sponsored Links