Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What would you "like to know" about the next poster....  (Read 376337 times)

• Stupid bed!
  • Liked: 0
Re: What would you "like to know" about the next poster....
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2005, 09:22:58 PM »
I was five and he was six...sigh! He lived down the block and it lasted for all of one week! My brothers built us a hut of dead pine needles, we crawled inside and I was about to receive my first kiss when we smelled something burning! Alas, my brother's decided to see just how fast a dead-pine-needle hut would catch fire!

How old were you when you had your first alcoholic beverage? Not a sip but a whole drink?
Forty is the old age of youth; fifty is the youth of old age
               - Victor Hugo-
Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family
.......in another city.
              -George Burns-
The leading cause of death among fashion models is falling
through street grates.
               - Dave Barry -

• AAGGGHH!
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2005, 09:29:47 PM »
13  (got a little tipsy too)

Did you ever have to bathe with your siblings?

• Liked: 12
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2005, 09:33:29 PM »
Yes I did!

Do you get along with everyone in your immediate family?
Plans on hold 'cuz Brexit

• London Rollergirl
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2005, 11:28:39 PM »
yes , it's a  small family

what motto do you live by (or at least try to)
But never fear, gentlemen; castration was really not the point of feminism, and we women are too busy eviscerating one another to take you on.

« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2005, 01:15:10 AM »
Nothing is ever as bad as you think it will be

What's your most embarrassing guilty pleasure?

• Me and my Brit
« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2005, 01:15:44 AM »
Deus Vult - Latin for "God Wills It" - It means that I am accepting of what God does with my life and I don't try to fight it - just roll with it.  :)

Do you like to putter around in your garden?  Or wish someone else would just take care of it?
"Be not the slave of your own past - plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep, and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with a new power, with an advanced experience, that shall explain and overlook the old."  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Then things got just plain Silly!
« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2005, 02:24:30 AM »
Hate puttering around in my yard, wish it was paved actually  ;)

Do you believe in ghosts, and if so what led you to believe?
All dreams can come true—if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

I can't change the direction of the wind, I can however adjust my sails to always make it to my destination.

« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2005, 12:29:33 PM »
Yes.

My parents, who are both very intelligent people, have experienced them firsthand. There are soooo many to list! Hearing heavy boot footsteps upstairs when I was just a baby -- with no signs of a break in -- in the early hours of the morning they were about to move out of a house built in the early 1700s -- an old sea captain lived in that house, and was probably making presence known before they left for good.

In the next old house they lived in, within the first few months, pictures randomly fell off their hooks and shattered, day and night, a lighting fixture dropped down from the ceiling, and the garbage disposal turned on and off by itself.

They also heard the sound of children's playful footsteps suddenly running along the upstairs hallway at Thanksgiving in my great grandpa's 17th century house before there were even any children in the family.

In a more recent house they lived in which wasn't very old at all, my mom and sister both reported seeing strange flashes of light out the corner of their eyes for a split second when they were upstairs, and our cats would get spooked in a certain area of the upstairs hallway and stare at what appeared to be nothing. My mom also felt herself being shoved out of her bed one night and got a bad cut on her forehead. A second time, she woke up suddenly from a deep sleep only to see a dark, swirling shadow at the foot of her bed, and when she reached out to touch it, it faded away. Also, in the days they were trying to sell it, everything kept going wrong -- the beautiful tree out the front which was a major selling point split in half for no reason whatsoever, a large vase randomly shattered in the middle of the night-- literally exploded -- and the entire basement flooded in a heavy rainstorm. An old man who raised three children there had died in that house just before my parents moved in, which is why his widow had moved out... and we believe he didn't like us being in his house. (Cue Twilight Zone theme!)

My aunt had terrifying experiences in her 17th century house about 15 years ago when she was trying to raise my cousins as a single mom, recently divorced -- such as hearing old-fashioned music coming faintly from the fireplace, her name being called distantly from the unfinished upstairs which she never went up to, and the doorway leading into the kitchen of her crying baby son being held shut suddenly as she was desperately trying to get in to him, then releasing and opening easily again. My cousin, a young child at the time, also reported seeing a woman in a white dress coming down the stairs leading to the unfinished upstairs then vanishing. My aunt's house was where the minister lived (there was a church across the street) and brides several centuries ago would stay overnight there and get ready for their wedding, which explains the woman apparition in the white dress. I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting, but I'm rushing here and I'll spare you the details! Enough already!

What was your favourite subject in school, and what was your least favourite? And why?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 12:32:13 PM by Honeybee »

« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2005, 12:41:41 PM »
"What was your favourite subject in school, and what was your least favourite? And why?"
Favourite subject was history. Always enjoyed what has happened in the world..current events. Least favourite subject was English. Always found it so boring. Could have been the English teachers we had. They were unusually little old women who were just waiting for retirement.

Most of the people in the world have a fear of one kind or another. What are your phobias?

« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2005, 01:21:31 PM »
I'm afraid of heights, the dark, swimming or wading in water I can't see the bottom of, earwigs, and I have a strange aversion to looking at myself in public mirrors... not sure if that's a phobia though.

What magazines do you like to read lately?

« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2005, 02:14:25 PM »
Currently I subscribe to Bust and Child magazines.
At the salon I enjoy perusing Us, Entertainment Weekly, and whatever other fluff they've got lying around.
And if I'm at a bookstore - Mother Jones, Time/Newsweek, and other current event-type magazines.

What was your favorite book as a child - - and as an adult?

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2005, 02:23:59 PM »
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeliene L'Engle

(Don't shoot me) The whole Harry Potter series

Do you collect anything? What and why?

• Me and my Brit
« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2005, 02:31:55 PM »
I collect antique and vintage linens, especially with hand made lace - I like knowing that some woman sat and took the time to create such beauty with her own hands, in spite of probably having a family and house to tend to.  I also collect "orphan" creamers - creamers who have lost their sugars, but only very pretty ones with hand painted flowers.

Where you a tom boy in school, or a girly girl?
"Be not the slave of your own past - plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep, and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with a new power, with an advanced experience, that shall explain and overlook the old."  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• London Rollergirl
« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2005, 05:08:16 PM »
Tom boy

what's your favorite word?
But never fear, gentlemen; castration was really not the point of feminism, and we women are too busy eviscerating one another to take you on.

• Me and my Brit
« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2005, 05:10:58 PM »
HONESTLY!!!!!  -hehehe

What is your least favorite word?  -keep it as clean as possible- ;)

Sponsored Links