Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FYI Re: retroactive courier use  (Read 786 times)

• Liked: 0
FYI Re: retroactive courier use
« on: May 13, 2009, 11:58:46 PM »
I wanted to share my courier experience this week in case it can help anyone out. 
I had not heard of courier service before Monday, weeks after I sent my application to LA.  I read about it here and thought I had nothing to lose if I called.  So I called VIP Monday as soon as they opened. 

The woman said she MIGHT be able to help me for $35, it was worth the risk for me.  She called the consulate Tuesday morning to see if they started to process my application.  It was received April 13 and I received the email April 21.   The application was not started so the consulate turned it over to VIP.  The application was resubmitted and I was approved Tuesday night.  I overnighted $65 more and hope to receive my visa/ passport Friday.

I was kicking myself for not using the courier to begin with and was very happy for them to take over part way through  :)

Re: FYI Re: retroactive courier use
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 12:07:16 AM »
Iluvtulips, can you specify please what email you recieved on April 21? That the application has been received or that it has been opened?
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 05:27:30 AM »
It was opened April 21st. 

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 08:10:03 PM »
Well, this didn't work for me...yet. The lady from Global VIP called to tell me that the visa officer said they were "working on [my application]" and he/she wouldn't hand it to them. I doubt they're actually working on it, but whatever. She said they would try again tomorrow because they occasionally deal with uncooperative people who won't hand over applications. Hopefully, they deal with a different and more cooperative person tomorrow.

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 08:17:12 PM »
There is a difference from your application being opened and being processed. Once they begin processing they will not let the courier retrieve & resubmit. There have been a few instances of this happening before. This is what I was trying to warn another member about before.

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 08:26:31 PM »
The thing is, other people have managed to get theirs pulled who were waiting even longer than me. I don't see how they've managed to actually start working on mine when it hasn't been there as long as others. Unless the LA consulate has miraculously gotten caught up, which I doubt. Well, I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 01:40:12 PM »
Well, this didn't work for me...yet. The lady from Global VIP called to tell me that the visa officer said they were "working on [my application]" and he/she wouldn't hand it to them. I doubt they're actually working on it, but whatever. She said they would try again tomorrow because they occasionally deal with uncooperative people who won't hand over applications. Hopefully, they deal with a different and more cooperative person tomorrow.

Ditto. The lady from Global VIP said they wouldn't hand it over simply because they already opened it, and she told me the same thing, that some people are just uncooperative. She is going to try again today and possibly monday. Keep fingers crossed. Mine are crossed for you, stf111302!
Finally living with my Husband in London after 6 1/2 years together but apart... and loving my life!

• God only knows what i'd be without you
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 02:13:04 PM »

Ditto. The lady from Global VIP said they wouldn't hand it over simply because they already opened it, and she told me the same thing, that some people are just uncooperative. She is going to try again today and possibly monday. Keep fingers crossed. Mine are crossed for you, stf111302!

I hope today is the day Lady!

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 11:21:48 PM »
Just to give others hope who are waiting for settlement visas from LA; it was day 46 for my wife and I and we just got a call from the LA asking for the departure day.  We have been approved!  What a load off.  The funny thing is, we had just sent a money order to Global VIP Services 2 hours before to try and get a courier to re-submit it.  What are the chances!  Not too worried about that now though :).

« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 12:54:46 AM by emk »

• Banned

• Becca Jane St Clair
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 12:56:45 AM »
I don't see how they've managed to actually start working on mine when it hasn't been there as long as others.

Someone *please* correct me if I'm wrong, but if stf's application was straight forward, wouldn't it be processed faster than someone's who required extra work, regardless of when it was opened?
http://blog.beccajanestclair.com

Met Tim Online: 2004 ~ Met IRL in the US: 6/2005
Engaged: 23/09/2009 ~ Married:  05/11/2009
Biometrics Submitted: 28/12/2009 ~ Spousal Visa Application Submitted: 12/31/2009
Spousal Visa Issued: 31/12/2009 ~ Move Date: 21/1/2010

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 03:18:07 AM »
Someone *please* correct me if I'm wrong, but if stf's application was straight forward, wouldn't it be processed faster than someone's who required extra work, regardless of when it was opened?

I'm pretty sure they haven't *started* our applications, just opened them and set them aside.  :-\\\\
Finally living with my Husband in London after 6 1/2 years together but apart... and loving my life!

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 03:54:44 AM »
I'm pretty sure they haven't *started* our applications, just opened them and set them aside.  :-\\\\

You don't really know that though. I don't think the actual process an application goes through was ever covered on this board, and therefore making a guess at where a particular one is is hard. Maybe it's already been assigned and can't be withdrawn. Maybe it has already been sorted through. Just cause they're not giving it back, does not always mean they're just being spiteful.
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 04:10:52 AM »

You don't really know that though. I don't think the actual process an application goes through was ever covered on this board, and therefore making a guess at where a particular one is is hard. Maybe it's already been assigned and can't be withdrawn. Maybe it has already been sorted through. Just cause they're not giving it back, does not always mean they're just being spiteful.

I'm not meaning to attack the ECOs. But it's hard to not be frustrated by the long wait times. Global VIP told me that they have simply opened my application, and that sometimes 1 officer is stricter than others, and is going to try again on Monday. I was only speculating and sharing my frustration.

Even if this doesn't work, it was wroth a $35 gamble.

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 04:15:13 AM »
I'm not meaning to attack the ECOs. But it's hard to not be frustrated by the long wait times. Global VIP told me that they have simply opened my application, and that sometimes 1 officer is stricter than others, and is going to try again on Monday. I was only speculating and sharing my frustration.

Even if this doesn't work, it was wroth a $35 gamble.

I know what you mean. It's been less than a month since they got my application. I just find it hard to believe that they're so far into the process already that they can't pull it and hand it to the courier. Especially when people have been waiting 2-3 months for approval. I agree about the $35 being worth it, though.

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 04:19:27 AM »
Also, I'm pretty sure that at this point in the process, most applicants view the ECOs as evil, spiteful beasts who are sitting there trying to decide how to make our lives more difficult and how to make us more anxious. ;)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab